« EdellinenJatka »
co *:: on the Game Laws. By a Country Gentleman, and Proprietor of
A Treatise on the Law of Scotland, respecting Tithes, and the Stipends of the Parochial Clergy, with an Appendix, containing various illustrative Documents, to before published. By John Counell, Esq. Advocate, Procurator for the Church of Scotland- 3 vols. 8vo. 21, 2s.
A Practical Treatise on the Virtues of the Gratiola Officinalis, or Hedge Hyo sop: as a Remedy for Consumption of the Lungs, Asthma, and Constitutional Cough, &c. By Richard Reece, M.D. &c. 2s.
An Account of two successful Operations for restoring a lost Nose, from the - ts of the Forehead, in the Cases of two Officers of His Majesty's Army, By J. C. Carpue, Surgeon, 4to, , 15s.
An Inquiry into the Causes of the Motion of the Blood: with an Appendi, in which the Process of Respiration, and its Connection with and Circulation of the Blood are attempted to be elucidated. By James Carson, M.D. Liverpool, 8vo. 9s.
History of Persia from the most early Period to the present Time; with an Ao the Religion, Government, Ús o d..."o the Inhabitanti of that Kingdom. By Colonel Sir John Malcolm, K. C. B. and K. L. S. late Minister of the Court of Persia, from the Supreme Government of India. 2 vols.
o. 8l. 8s. *; History of the Western Division of the County of Sussex, including the Rapes of Chichester, Arundel and Bramber, with očjo iocese of Chicles ter. By James Dallaway, B. M. F. A. S. Prebendary of Hora Ecclesia, and Rector of Slynford. vol. I. 4to, 81. 8s. - -
Symbolical Illustrations of the History of England, from the Roman lnyasion to opresent Time, so with a ... of the o o: signed more particularly for the Instruction of Young Pers Mary Auu łoż. ****** **
* The Biographical Dictionary. Vol. XXV. Edited by Alexander Chalmer, F. S. A. 8vo. 12s.
A Biographical Dictionary of the living Authors of Great Britain and Ireland,
NATURAL. History. . . . .
Mineralogical Nomenclature, alphabetically arranged; with Synoptical Tar bles of the Chemical Aualysis of Minerals. By Thomas Allen, : o:
The substance of a sor w wid Yicant Melville, wituaia Molali, with the Qutlines of A. raise British Seamen, and to form their Mind.” Volunteer in the Naval Service when required; to do away with the Evil, olim" pressment, &c. By Thomas Urquhart, 1s.
Collections relative to the systematical Relief of the Poor, at different Period.
and in different Countries; with Observations on Charity, its prope: Objects and Conduct, and its Influence on the Welfare of Nations. two, is, ... "
Alan of Olway, a Tale of the 11th Century. By J. Bethune. 8vo. 3s.
Jonah; the Seatonian Prize Poem for the Year 1815. By James W. Bellamy,
Evening Amusements; or the Beauties of the Heavens displayed 5 in which, the striking Appearances to be observed in various Evenings, during the Year
:* 1816, are described. By William Frend, M.A. Agtuary of the Rock-Life Assurance Company, and late Fellow of Jesus College, Cambridge. 3s. - o The Present of a Mistress to a young Servant; consisting of friendly Advice
and real Histories. By Mrs. Taylor, of Ongar. 3s. 6d.
* A Letter to the Hon. and Right Rev. the Lord Bishop of Durham, on the o Qrigin of the Pelasgi, and on the Original Name and Pronunciation of the is: Abolic Digalama, in Answer to Professor Marsh’s “Horae Pelasgicæ.” 2s. - A Complete Key to the Almanack, explaining the Fasts, Festivals, 3aints'Days, and other Holidays in the Calendar, with the Astronomical and Chronglogical Terms, &c. &c. Alphabetically arranged for the easy Reference of o Families and Individuals, and intended as a School Book for the Instruction of * * Youth. By J. Bannantine. 8s. 6d. . . . - - PostScript to the Reply, “Paint by Point;" containing an Exposure of the Misrepresentation of the Treatment of the captured Negroes, at Sierra Leone; and other Matters arising from the Ninth Report of the African Institution. By to Robert Thorpe, Esq., L.L.D. 2s. 6d. - o The Counsels of a Father, in Four Letters of Sir Matthew Hale, to his Children; #9 to which is added, the practical Life of a true Christian, in the Account of the Good Steward as the Great Mediator; with a Memgir and a Portrait of the go Author. Foolscap, 8vo. 5s, in boards. * A popular Account of St. Paul's, Cathedral; with a Description of the Monu
ments, and other interesting Particulars,
Mr. Reginald Heber's Bamples Lecture Sermons will shortly appear.
A Volume of Letters on the constrained celibacy of the Church of Rome, is in the Press.
Mr. Sumner's Treatise on the Being and Attributes of God, which obtained the Premium of 400l. at Aberdeen, is printing in two octavo Volumes.
Dr. Henning of the Hot-wells Bristol, is preparing for the Press, a Work on Pulmonary Consumption.
Mr. Meadley, Author of the Memoirs of Algernon Sidney, and Dr. Paley, is collecting Materials for a Life of John Hampden. . . . ... "
A new Volume of Paris Chit-Chat, being a third, is in the Press, and also a new Edition of the preceding Volumes.
Mr. Ackerinamn is preparing for publication, in imitation of Chalk, by Prout, representing the various Characters of Boats, Barges, and Rustic Cottages, designed to assist the young Student in Landscape and Marine Drawing.
Mr. John Warley has nearly completed a new System of Perspective.
Mr. Rowlandson is engaged in a new Work, entitled, the World in Miniature, containing Engravings of small Groups of Figures of every possible kind, for landscape decoration.
Mr. Booth has in the Press a Treatise on Flower Painting, containing Instructions for acquiring a perfect Knowledge of the Art, also Directions for producing the various Tints, by G. Brookshaw, Esq. 6
- AEschyrus, Porson not wholly
* * * To THE
CRITICISMS AND EXTRACTS : " -
B. A. examination for, at Can-
Affection, goddess of, apostrophe.
- Alfred and George III, of the same
...Alps, geological description of the 155
America, state of parties in. . . . . . 600
Ammonius the founder of the new
- Amputation deprecated . . . . . . . . 492
Anacreon, translation of an ode
Andalusian horses, excellence of
... W914, IV, - - -->
• * * * * * * * * * * * * * ~ *
- of . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . ... • * * * * * 543
Bible, translation of the, windl-.
cated. . . . . . . . . * * “. . . . . . . . . :661
plaint of his captivity . . . . . . . . 76 :
, Napoleon, prophecies -
r “prehensible . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 543 -
" - . . C. *A6t