« EdellinenJatka »
cxliv. An Act to enable the Charing Cross Bridge Company to raise further Monies, to amend the Acts relating to the Company, and for other Purposes.
cxlv. An Act for enabling the Class A Shareholders of the Saint Andrew's and Quebec Railroad Company to divide the Shares in the Undertaking into Two Classes, and for other Purposes.
cxlvi. An Act to amend the Acts relating to the Vend and Delivery of Coals in London and Westminster, and in certain Parts of the adjacent Counties; and to allow a Drawback on Coals conveyed beyond certain Limits.
Printed by the Queen's Printer, and whereof the Printed Copies may be given in Evidence.
II Honourable Richard Cavendish of certain Freehold Hereditaments in the County of Buckingham devised by the Will of Samuel Athawes deceased, and for directing the Investment of the Purchase Money in other Hereditaments, to be settled upon the Trusts of the same Will.
2. An Act for confirming certain Leases granted by the Mayor and Commonalty and Citizens of the City of London, Governors of the Possessions, Revenues, and Goods of the Hospital of Edward, late King of England, the Sixth, called Christ's Hospital; and for enabling them to grant Building and other Leases of their Estates; and for other Purposes.
8. An Act for confirming certain Leases granted by the Mayor and Commonalty and Citizens of the City of London, Governors of the House of the Poor commonly called Saint Bartholomew's Hospital, near Wat Smithjield, London, of the Foundation of King Henrie the Eighth; and for enabling them to grant Building and other Leases of their Estates.
4. An Act to authorize the grant of new Leases of a certain Estate in the Bailiwick of Neat in the Parish of Saint George Hanover Square in the County of Middlesex, in Lease to Mr. Thomas Cubitt; and for other Purposes.
5. An Act for enabling the Trustees of the Somersetshire, Monmouthshire, Dorsetshire, and Devonshire Estates devised by
the Will of Sir Thomas Buckler Lethbridge, Baronet, deceased, to grant Farming and Mining Leases of and otherwise extending their Powers in relation to the said Estates.
6. An Act for enabling the Trustees of the Will of Thomas Jackson, deceased, to sell Freehold Hereditaments situate in the Parish of Mentmore in the County of Buckingham to the Baron Mayer Amschel de Rothschild.
7. An Act to confirm a certain Contract for granting Leases made and entered into by the Honourable Arthur Upton of Part of the Lands and Hereditaments comprised in the Will of the Honour' able FvXk Greville Howard, deceased, situate at Kilburn in the County of Middlesex; and to alter and enlarge the Power of granting Building Leases contained in the same Will; and for other Purposes relating thereto.
8. An Act to authorize the Appropriation to charitable Purposes of the unclaimed Funds and Property under the control of "The Glasgow Provident Bank," and the winding up of its Af&irs.
9. An Act for regulating and securing the Debt due by the Burgh of Musselburgh in the County of Edinburgh, and for other Purposes in relation thereto.
10. An Act to authorize the granting of Building Leases of Part of the Estates devised by the Will of William Moore, Esquire, deceased, situate in the Parish of Fulham in the County of Middlesex.
11. An Act authorizing the Application of Part of the Trust Funds, subject to the Trusts of the Will and Codicils of the late Sir Timothy Shelley to certain lasting Improvements upon Estates bought under the Trusts of such Will and Codicils.
12. An Act to enable the Trustees of the Will of the Most Noble Francis late Duke of Bridgewater to make Conveyances in Fee or Demises for long Terms of Years of his Trust Estates, and more effectually to administer the Trusts of the Will of the said Duke.
13. An Act for extending Powers created by the Will of John Watson Barton, deceased, and for enabling Sales and Leases to be made of Lands subject to his Will; and for other Purposes.
14. An Act to empower the Dean and Chapter of Westminster to build on Ground contiguous to Westminster Abbey, and for other Purposes.
15. An Act to give effect to certain Restrictions and Conditions relating to a Church and Parsonage House proposed
to be erected on Sites to be given by the Most Noble Francis Duke of Bedford, Knight of the Most Noble Order of the Garter, and to Two Dwelling Houses proposed to be purchased and conveyed for Vicarage and Rectory Houses oiv the Estate of the said Duke, in the County of Middlesex.
16. An Act to enable the Committees of the Estate of John Brown, a Lunatic, to sell a Portion of the Estates whereof the said Lunatic is Tenant in Tail in possession.
17. An Act for explaining and modifying the Provisions of the Deed of Constitution of DoncarcCi House of Refuge for the Destitute in Montrose, and of the Trust Disposition and Settlement of William Dorward Merchant in Montrose, and Codicils thereto, and for incorporating and enlarging and defining the Powers of the Managers of the said House of Refuge; and for other Purposes relating thereto.
18. An Act to enable the Dean and Chapter of the Cathedral Church of Christ in Oxford, of the Foundation of King Henri1 the Eighth, and their Trustees, as Owners in Fee of Lands in Kentish Town in the County of Middlesex, to grant Building Leases; and for other Purposes.
19. An Act for enabling the Committee or Committees for the Time being of the Estate of Stapylton Stapylton Esquire, a Lunatic, Tenant in Tail Male under the Will of the Reverend Sir Martin Stapylton Baronet, deceased, to grant Leases for Mining and other Purposes of certain Parts of the entailed Estates situate at Eston in the County of York.
20. An Act for the Regulation and Improvement of the Charities founded by Richard Lord Riche in the Parish of Felstead in the County of Essex; and for other Purposes.
21. An Act for authorizing the Sale of the Kelmarsh Estate in the County of Northampton, devised by the Will of William Lord Bateman deceased, and the Discharge of the Incumbrances affecting that Estate; and for other Purposes.
22. An Act to provide for the future Regulation and Management of the Grammar School of Anthony Browne, Sergeant-atLaw, at Brentwood in the County of Essex, and of the Almshouses founded by the said Anthony Browne, and of the Estates and Possessions of the same School and Almshouses; and for other Purposes.
23. An Act to authorize the Sale or Exchange of Part of the Estate of the Free School at Ripley in the County of York, and for other Purposes relating to the said Charity.
PRIVATE ACTS, Not Printed.
24. An Act to dissolve the Marriage of Edmund Heathcote Esquire with Elizabeth Lucy Heathcote his now Wife, and to enable him to marry again; and for other Purposes.
25. An Act to dissolve the Marriage of Henry Boddingion Webster Esquire with Emilie Marie Louise Wilhelmina Webster his now Wife, and to enable him to marry again; and for other Purposes.
26. An Act to dissolve the Marriage of William Houlbrooke Tayleur Rsquire with Emma Elizabeth Tayleur his now Wife, and to enable him to marry again; and for other Purposes.
or De In the of Per
Received the Royal Assent, 24th of July, 1851. Whereas under and by virtue of able according to the annual value an Act of the forty-eighth year of of such dwelling-houses, which said King George III. c. 55, certain Schedule shall be deemed and duties are now payable in Eng. taken to be part of this Act. land, Wales, and Berwick-upon II. The said duties shall be deTweed and in Scotland respectively nominated and deemed to be duties upon dwelling houses, and are of assessed taxes, and shall be assessed and levied according to under the care and management the number of windows or lights of the Commissioners of Inland Retherein as set forth in the Schedule venue for the time being; and all marked (A) to the said Act an- powers, provisions, rules, regulanexed; and it is expedient that in tions, and directions, fines, forlieu thereof the duties on inha- feitures, pains and penalties, now bited dwelling-houses set forth in in force contained in or enacted by the Schedule to this Act annexed any Act or Acts relating to the should be assessed and levied ac- duties of assessed taxes, and also cording to the annual value of such all powers, provisions, rules, regudwelling-houses : Be it therefore lations, directions and exemptions, enacted by the Queen's most Ex- fines, forfeitures, pains and penalcellent Majesty, by and with the ties contained in or enacted by any advice and consent of the Lords such Actor Acts as aforesaid, with Spiritual and Temporal, and Com- reference to the duties on inhamons in this present Parliament bited dwelling-houses according to assembled, and by the authority of the value thereof, as set forth in the same, as follows:
the Schedule marked (B) annexed I. From and after the fifth day to the said Act of the 48th year of of April
, 1851, in England, Wales, King George III., and which and the town of Berwick-upon- were in force in regard to the said Tweed, and from and after the last-mentioned duties at the time term of Whitsunday, 1851, in Scot- of the repeal of such duties by an land, in lieu and instead of the Act of the session holden in the said duties so payable as aforesaid, fourth and fifth years of King and which are hereinafter re- William IV.c.19, except as hereinpealed, there shall be assessed, after excepted, shall severally and raised, levied, collected and paid respectively be and become in full
5,8332 5,973 15
891 3,855 2,10 14 3,618 1
hould be Rined had Ireland
unto and for the use of Her Ma- force and effect with respect to the jesty, her heirs and successors, duties hereby granted, and shall upon inhabited dwelling-houses in be severally and respectively duly and throughout Great Britain, the observed, applied, practised and several duties set forth in the put in execution in the respective Schedule to this Act annexed, pay. parts of Great Britain for assess