« EdellinenJatka »
i Thou shalt not bear false Witness Falfe Witness.
against thy Neighbour. Be not Witness against thy Neighbour without Cause ; neither accuse any falsely.
I Put not thine Hand with the Wicked to be an unrighteous Witness. Keep thee far from the false Matier.
m If a false Witness rise up againft any Man, to testify against him that which is wrong, the Judges ihall make diligent Inquisition; and behold, if the Witness be a false Witness, and hath testified falsely againft his Brother, then he shall do unto him as he had thought to have done unto his Brother.
* A true Witness delivereth Souls; but a Man that beareth false Witness against his Neighbour, is a Mall, and a Sword, and a sharp Arrow.
• A falfe Witness shall not be unpunished, and he that speaketh Lies shall not escape.
P If a Soul fin, and hear the Voice of Swears ing, and is a Witness whether he hath seen or, known of it"; if he do not utter it, then he shall bear his Iniquity.
9 Ye shall do no Unrighteous. Wrong Judgment nefs in Judgment, nor turn aside after Lucre and take Bribes; but thoroughly execute Judgment between a Man and his Neighbour.
i Exod. 20. 16. k Prov. 24. 28, Luke 3. 14.
n Prov. 14. 25. 23. 1,7
m Deut. 19. 16, 18, 19. Prov. 25. 18. o Prov. 19. So p Lev. 5.-10
3 Ley. 19. 15. Sam. 8. 3. Jer. 7. 5.
* Thou shalt not follow a Multitude to do Evil; neither shalt thou speak in a Cause, to decline after many, to wreit Judgment.
s To subvert a Man in his Cause, the Lord approveth not.
Wo unto them which justify the Wicked for Reward, and take away the Righteousnefs of the Righteous from him.
u He that justifieth the Wicked, and he that condemneth the Juít, even they both are an Abomination to the Lord.
"One Witness shall not rise up against a Man for
an; Iniquity, or for any Sin that he finneth : At the Mouin of two Witnesses, or at the Mouth of three Witnesses, shall the Matter be established.
* Thou shalt not covet thy Neighbour's House ; thou thalt not covet
is another's. thy Neighbour's Wife; nor his Manfervant, nor his Maid-servant, nor his Ox, nor his Als, nor any Thing that is thy Neighbour's.
y Wo to them that devise Iniquity, and work Evil upon their Beds: And they covet Fields, and take them by Violence, and Houses, and take
CHARITY. z Let no Man seek his own, but every Man another's Wealth : For Charity seeketh not her own.
In doing Good.
I Exod. 23. 26 u Prov. 17. 15. 1 Micah 2.1, 2.
s Lam. 3. 36. w Deut. 19.0 19. 2 Cor. 10. 249
Ifa. 5. 22, 23•
* Exod. 20. 17. 1 Cor. 13. 4. 5.
* Let all your Things be done with Charity; and by Love serve one another.
• Ye are the Body of Christ, which God hath Jo tempered together, that there should be no Schism in the Body; but that the Members should have the same Care one for another; and whether one Member suffer, all the Members suffer with it; or one Member be honoured, all the Members rejoice with it.
. As every Man hath received the Gift, even fo minifter the same one to another, as good Stewards of the manifold Grace of God.
d Withhold not Good from them to whom it is due, when it is in the Power of thine Hand to do it.
According to the Kindness that I have done unto thee, thou shalt do unto me.
* If any provide not for his own, and especially for those of his own House, he hath denied the Faith, and is worse than an Infidel.
5 As we have Opportunity, let us do Good unto all Men ; especially unto them who are of the Household of Faith.
A To do good, and to communicate, forget not, for with such Sacrifices God is well pleased.
i Let every one of you allist bis Neighbour in whatsoever Business hé hath need of you, as becometh Saints.
Thou shalt not see thy Brother's Ox or his Sheep go astray, and hide thyself from them: Thou shalt in any Case bring them again unto thy Brother.
1 Cor. 16. 14. Gal. 5. 13: ;
Cor. 12. 27, 24, 25, 26.
• Gen. 21. 23. e i Pet. 4. 10.
Prov. 3. 27 ti Tim. 5. 8. • Gal, 6. so. b Heb. 13. 36.
Rons. Deut. 22. I.
''In like manner thou shalt do with his Afs, and fo fhalt thou do with his Raiment; and with all loft Things of thy Brother's, which he hath loft and thou hast found, shalt thou do likewise : Thou mayest not hide thyself.
m Thou shalt not see thy Brother's Ass or his Ox fall down by the way, and hide thyself from them: Thou shalt surely help him to lift them up again.
n Give to him that asketh thee, and from him that would borrow of thee, turn not thou away.
Say not unto thy Neighbour, Go, and come again : and To-morrow I will give, when thou halt it by thee.
p The Soul of the Wicked defireth Evil ; his Neighbour findeth no Favour in his Eyes: But the Righteous giveth, and spareth not; and a good Man the weth Favour, and lendeth.
4 Give, and it shall be given unto you, good Measure preffed down, shaken together, and running over For with the fame Measure that ye, mete withal, it fhall be measured to you again.
* The liberal Soul shall be made fat; and he that watereth thall be watered also him felf.
• Ure Hospitality one to another, without grudging
* Be not forgetful to entertain Strangers. * Do Good to them that hate
blefs them that curse you, and pray for them that despitefully
3. 28...: 38.
A Mat. 5. 42.
• Prov. I Deut. 22. 3.
m Deut. 22. 4.
9 Loke 6. y Prot. ii. 25
i s Pet 4.9
i Heb. 13. 2. Mas. 5:44.
1 Pet. 3. 9.
use you and perfecute you. Not rendering Evil for Evil, or Railing for Railing, but contrariwise Blessing.
w. If ye do Good to them that do Good to you, what Thank have ye? For Sinners also do even the same. And if ye lend to them of whom ye hope to receive, what Thank have ye? For Sinners also lend to Sinners, to receive as much again. But do ye Good and lend, hoping for nothing again ; and your Reward shall be great, and ye thall be the Children of the Highest. For he is kind unto the Unthankful and to the Evil.
* If thine Enemy hunger, feed him; if he thirst, give him Drink; for in so doing thou shalt heap Coals of Fire on his Head ; and the Lord Thall reward thee.
y If thou meet thine Enemy's Ox or his Ass going astray, thou shalt surely bring it back to him again.
2 If thou see the Ars of him that hateth thee lying under his Burden, and wouldest forbear to help him, thou shalt surely help with him.
Rejoice not when thine Enemy falleth, and let not thine Heart be glad when he stumbleth: Neither lift up thyself when Evil hath found him: nor suffer thy Mouth to fin,, by wishing a Curse 10 his Soul.
• Be not overcome of Evil, but overcome Evil with Good.
į Pet. 3. 9.
* Rom. 12. 20. z Exod. 23. 5. *
a Prov. Prov. 25. 22.
y Exod. 23.4.
D Rom. 12. 2013 24. 17. Job 31. 29, 30.