« EdellinenJatka »
• The Steps of a good Man are ordered by the Lord; though he fall, he mall not be utterly cast down ; for the Lord upholdeth him with his Hand.
s Like as a Father pitieih his Children, so the Lord pitieth them that fear him.
* Many Times he withholdeth them from finning againit him. And when the Wicked have thought Evil against them, God meaneth it for Good.
4 When a Man's Ways pleale the Lord, he maketh even his Enemies to be at Peace with him.
w The Lord forsaketh not his Saints, neither will he leave them destitute of his Mercy and Truih. None of them that trust in hien thall be defolate. To the Wick- * The Lord is plenteous and rich in ed : filid
Mércy; the Lord is very pitiful and of MERCY.
tender Mercy. y The Mercy of the Lord is ererlasting, and his Compaflions fail not.
2 The Lord is long-suffering, full of Compassion, flow to Anger, not willing that any should perish, but that all thould come io Repentance.
a Good and upright is the Lord; therefore will he teach Sinners in the Way.
: Pral. 37. 23. 24.
Gen. 20. 6 Gen. 50. 20.
u Prov. 16. 7. w Pfal. 37, 28, Gen. 24. 37. Pfal. 34. 22. * Pial. 103. 8. Eph. 2.4. James y Prai. 100. 5. Lam. 3. 22.
z Pfal. 86. 15. 2 Pet. 3. 3•
• He waiteth that he may be gracious; suying to the Children of Men, Will ye not be made clean? When shall it once be?
· He drawerh them with Cords of a Man, with Bands of Love.
Fury is not in him; but he deferreth his Anger, and refraineth for the Tranfgreffors, that he cut hiin not off.
· He endureth with much long-suffering the Vessels of Wrath fitted to Destruction.
'Though he cause Grief, yet will he have Compassion according to the Multitude of his Mercies : For he doth not afflict willingly, nor grieve the Children of Men.
8 As a Man chastneth his Son, so the Lord our God chastneth us, that he may humble us and prove us, to do us Good at our latter End.
.” As I live, faith the Lord God, I have no Pleasure in the Death of the Wicked; but that the Wicked turn from his Way, and live.
i Many a Time hath he turned his Anger away, and did not fir up all his Wrath ; and in Wraih he oftentimes remeinbreth Mercy.
* His Anger endureth but a Moment, and in his Favour is Life. In a little Wrath I hid my Face from thee for a Moment ; but with everlaiting Kindness will I have Mercy on thee, faith the Lord.
" He will not always chide: He retaineth not his Anger for ever, because he delighteth in Mercy: b Isa. 30. 18. Jer. 13. 27.
c Hosea Jl. 4.
d Ifa. Ira: 48.9, 8. e Rom. 9. 22.
f Lam. 3. 32, 33. & Deut. 8. 5, 16. h Ezek. 33. 11.
i Pral. 78. 38. Ifa. 54. 8.
I Psal. 103. 9. Micah 7. 18.
Heb. 3. 2.
k Pfal. 30. S.
For he knoweth our Frame; he remembreth that we are but Dust.
in It is of the Lord's Mercies that we are not consumed; because he hath not dealt with us after our Sins, nor rewarded us according to our Iniquities.
* God exacteth of us less than our Iniquity deTerveih.
Thou, Lord, art good, and ready to forgive.
To the Lord our God belong Mercies and Forgiveneffes, though we have rebelled against him.
9 The Lord is merciful and gracious, forgiving Iniquity, and Transgression, and Sin. There is Forgiveness with him, that he may be feared.
• Ler the Wicked forsake his Way, and the unrighteous Man his Thoughts, and let him return unto the Lord, and he will have Mercy upon him, and to our God, for he will abundantly pardon.
• He will not turn away his Face from thein that return unto hiin; but he will turn again and have Compaflion upon them: He will fubdue their Iniquities, and he will catt all their Sins into the Depths of the Sea.
? Who can forgive Sin but God alone?
u Who is a God like unto thee, O Lord, that pardoneth Iniquity, and passeth by Transgres. fion?
Pfal. 103. 14.
Pral, 103. 10.
P Dan. 9.9
9 Exod. 34. 6, ?: Pral. 130. 4. 1 lfa. 55.7 s 2 Chron. 30. 9.
Micah t Luke 5. 21.
u Micah 7. 19.
His JUSTICE. w The Lord is righteous. He is a just God. He loveth Righteoulness; and exerciseth Judga ment in the Earth.
* He is excellent in Judginent, and in Plenty of Justice.
y The Statutes of the Lord are right. Just and true are his Ways. And we are Ture that the Judgment of God is according to Truth.
2 The Lord our God is righteous in all his Works which he doth.
Thy Righteousness, O Lord, is an everlasting Righteousness, and thy Law is the Truth; every one of thy righteous Judgments endureth for ever.
• Righteous is the Lord, and upright are his Judgments. For the Work of a Man shall he render unto him, and cause every Man to find according to his Ways.
c Whatsoever good Thing any Man doth, the same shall he receive of the Lord, whether he be bond or free ; but he that doch wrong, shall receive for the Wrong he hath done: For God will sender to every Man according to his Deeds. And according to their Deserts will he judge them; condemning the Wicked, to bring his Way upon his Head ; and justifying the Righleous, to give him according to his Righteousness: So that Men shall say, Verily, there is a Reward for the Righteous, verily he is a God that judgeth in the Earth.
w Pfal. 129. 4.
Pral, il. 7. Jer. 9. 24. * Job 37. 23. y Pfal. 1g. 8. Rev. 15. 3.
Rom. 2. 2. Dan. 9. 14. a Pial. 119. 142, 160.
b Prad. 119: 137. Job 34. 11. c Eph 6.8. Col. 3. 25. Rom. 2. 6. Ezeka 7. 27. i Kings 8. 32 Pfal. 58. 11.
Reward Mal. Pfal. 58. 11. d Ecclef. 9. 2. - Job 12. 6. Mal. 4. 1. e Ecclef. 8. 12, 13.
. Though there be often one Event to the Righteous and to the Wicked; though the Tabernacles of Robbers profper, and they that provoke God are secure, into whose Hand God bringeth abundantly: Behold, the Day corneth, when ye shall discern between the Righteous and the Wicked, between him that serveth God, and him that serveth him not.
Though a Sinner do Evil an hundred Times, and his Days be prolonged, yet surely I know that it shall be well with them that fear God; but it shall not be well with the Wicked, because he feareth not before God.
f God hath appointed a Day, in the which he will judge the World in Righteousness; and minifter Judgment unto the People in Uprightness.
8 To me (faith the Lord) belongeth Vengeance and Recompence; I will render Vengeance to mine Enemies, and reward then that hate ine.
.h The Lord our God is a consuming Fire, even à jealous God. His Power and his Wrath is against all them that forsake him ; and though Hand join in Hand, the Wicked shall not be unpunished.
i Wherefore then do the Wicked contenin God, and say in their Heart, The Lord will not require it? He knoweth vain Men; he feeth Wickedness allo? Will he then not consider it? He
f Acts 17. 31.
Pfal. 9.8. g Deut. 32• 35, 4!•
h Deut. 4. 24:
Ezra 8. 22.
Prov. II. 21. Pral. 10. 15. Job 11. 11.