« EdellinenJatka »
UNITED STATES REPORTS
THE SUPREME COURT
OCTOBER TERM, 1943
FROM APRIL 10, 1944 (CONCLUDED) TO AND INCLUDING JUNE 12, 1944
GOVERNMENT PRINTING OFFICE
For sale by the Superintendent of Documents, U.S. Government Printing Office
1. 321 U. S. xxv. The proper title of the eighth case in the righthand column is Anderson National Bank v. Luckett, 321 U. S. 233. 2. 321 U. S. 6, line 3, "and" should be "any".
3. 321 U. S. 158. The opinion of MR. JUSTICE JACKSON (p. 176), in which MR. JUSTICE ROBERTS and MR. JUSTICE FRANKFURTER joined, should precede the dissenting opinion of MR. JUSTICE MURPHY (p. 171).
4. 321 U. S. 369, last line of footnote, "individual" should be "individually".
5. 321 U. S. 552, the last line on the page should be footnote No. 7 and should read "See Exec. Order No. 9410, December 23, 1943, 8 Fed. Reg. 17319."*
6. 321 U. S. 714, the last line should read "salers were told that the certificates were intended for".*
7. 320 U. S. 225, last line, "changeable" should be "chargeable". 8. 319 U. S. 395, note 32, line 8 should read "most strongly against him, and such conclusions as a jury might justi-".*
9. 319 U. S. 434, line 30 should read "orders of the court. He must obey the terms and con-".*
10. 319 U. S. 748, No. 883, line 3 should read "Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit denied. Mr. A."*
11. 317 U. S. 558, line 19 should read "fendants named in the indictment entered pleas of nolo".*
*Correction has been made in some copies of the volume.
DURING THE TIME OF THESE REPORTS
HARLAN FISKE STONE, CHIEF JUSTICE.
CHARLES EVANS HUGHES, CHIEF JUSTICE.
FRANCIS BIDDLE, ATTORNEY GENERAL.
CHARLES FAHY, SOLICITOR GENERAL.
CHARLES ELMORE CROPLEY, CLERK.
THOMAS ENNALLS WAGGAMAN, MARSHAL.
SUPREME COURT OF THE UNITED STATES
ALLOTMENT OF JUSTICES
It is ordered that the following allotment be made of the Chief Justice and Associate Justices of this Court among the Circuits, agreeably to the Acts of Congress in such case made and provided, and that such allotment be entered of record, viz:
For the First Circuit, FELIX FRANKFURTER, Associate Justice.
For the Second Circuit, ROBERT H. JACKSON, Associate Justice.
For the Third Circuit, OWEN J. ROBERTS, Associate Justice.
For the Fourth Circuit, HARLAN F. STONE, Chief Justice. For the Fifth Circuit, HUGO L. BLACK, Associate Justice. For the Sixth Circuit, STANLEY REED, Associate Justice. For the Seventh Circuit, FRANK MURPHY, Associate Justice.
For the Eighth Circuit, WILEY RUTLEDGE, Associate Justice.
For the Ninth Circuit, WILLIAM O. DOUGLAS, Associate Justice.
For the Tenth Circuit, WILEY RUTLEDGE, Associate Justice.
For the District of Columbia, HARLAN F. STONE, Chief Justice.
March 1, 1943.
(For the next previous allotment, see 314 U. S. p. IV.)
Amacker, Skelly Oil Co. v.....
American Fuel & Power Co., Columbia Gas v..
American Seating Co. v. Zell...
American Stores v. Bowles...
American Sugar Rfg. Co., Anaconda v.
American West African Line v. "Huilever"..
Anderson v. Ragen...
Anthony v. United States Trust Co..
Ames, Ex parte.....
Anaconda, The, v. American Sugar Co..
Anglim, Emporium Capwell Co. v...
A. S. Abell Co., Schroepfer v.
Asbury Park, Murphy v........
Ashcraft v. Tennessee.
Bachrach v. Central Hanover Bank Co...