« EdellinenJatka »
Containing the TITLES of all
Passed in the SIXTH Session of the SEVENTH Parliament
The United Kingdom of Great Britain and Ireland ;
6 GEORGE IV.
PUBLICK GENERAL ACTS.
Page 1 2. An Act for raising the Sum of Twenty Millions by Exchequer Bills, for the Service of the Year One thousand eight hundred and twenty five.
3. An Act to indemnify such Persons in the United Kingdom as have omitted to qualify themselves for Offices and Employments, and for extending the Time limited for those Purposes respectively. Ibid.
4. An Act to amend certain Acts relating to unlawful Societies in Ireland. 7
5. An Act for punishing Mutiny and Desertion; and for the better Payment of the Army and their Quarters.
6. An Act for the regulating of His Majesty's Royal Marine Forces while on Shore.
7. An Act for the further Repeal of certain Duties of Assessed Taxes, and for granting Relief in the Cases therein mentioned. 21
8. An Act to amend and render more effectual an Act passed in the Fifty fifth Year of the Reign of His late Majesty, for enabling Spiritual Persons to exchange their Parsonage Houses or Glebe Lands; and for other Purposes therein mentioned. 29 9. An Act for continuing to His Majesty for One Year certain Duties on Personal Estates, Offices and Pensions in England; and also for granting certain Duties on Sugar imported; for the Service of the Year One thousand eight hundred and twenty five.
10. An Act to facilitate the Proceedings before the Commissioners of Inquiry relating to Courts of Justice in Ireland.
11. An Act to continue, until the Twenty fifth Day of July One thousand eight hundred and twenty six, an Act passed in the Fifty fourth Year of the Reign of His late Majesty, for rendering the Payment of Creditors more equal and expeditious in Scotland. Page 38 12. An Act to prolong the Time of the Commencement of an Act of the last Session of Parliament, for ascertaining and establishing Uniformity of Weights and Measures, and to amend the said Act. Ibid. 13. An Act to reduce the Duties on Wine, Coffee and Hemp, 40
imported into the United Kingdom.
14. An Act for applying the Sum of Ten millions five hundred thousand Pounds out of the Consolidated Fund, for the Service of the Year One thousand eight hundred and twenty five. 43 15. An Act to explain and amend Two Acts passed in the Forty third and Forty fourth Years of the Reign of His late Majesty King George the Third, for making and maintaining an Inland Navigation, commonly called The Caledonian Canal, by establishing further Checks upon the Expenditure of Public Money for that Purpose, in certain Cases. Ibid.
16. An Act to amend the Laws relating to Bankrupts.
18. An Act to make further Provision for the Payment of the
Crews of His Majesty's Ships and Vessels.
19. An Act for the Amendment of the Law as to the Offence of sending threatening Letters. 96
20. An Act for fixing, until the Twenty fifth Day of March One thousand eight hundred and twenty six, the Rates of Subsistence to be paid to Innkeepers and others on quartering Soldiers. Ibid.
21. An Act to amend an Act for the more effectual Administration of the Office of Justice of the Peace in and near the Metropolis. 97
22. An Act to regulate the Qualification and the Manner of enrolling Jurors in Scotland, and of choosing Jurors on Criminal Trials there; and to unite Counties for the Purposes of Trial in Cases of High Treason in Scotland. 99 23. An Act for the better Regulation of the Sheriff and Stewart and Burgh Courts of Scotland. 106
24. An Act for the more easy Recovery of Small Debts in the Sheriff Courts in Scotland.
25. An Act for defining the Rights of Capital Convicts who receive Pardon, and of Convicts after having been punished for Clergyable Felonies; for placing Clerks in Orders on the same Footing with other Persons, as to Felonies; and for limiting the Effect of the Benefit of Clergy. 116
26. An Act for the Consolidation of the Royal Naval Asylum with the Royal Hospital for Seamen at Greenwich in the County of Kent.
27. An Act for extending to Scotland certain Provisions of an Act. for the Relief of the Poor, in so far as the same relate to Parochial Relief to Chelsea and other Pensioners. 119
28. An Act for granting Rates of Postage for the Conveyance of Letters and Packets between Great Britain and Ireland, by way of Liverpool.
Page 122 29. An Act to repeal an Act made in the Second Year of the Reign of King William and Queen Mary, for the discouraging the Importation of Thrown Silk.
30. An Act to amend an Act of the Fourth Year of His present Majesty's Reign, for the better Administration of Justice in the Court of Chancery in Ireland. Ibid. 31. An Act to defray the Charge of the Pay, Clothing and contingent and other Expences of the Disembodied Militia in Great Britain and Ireland; and to grant Allowances in certain Cases to Subaltern Officers, Adjutants, Quartermasters, Surgeons, Assistant Surgeons, Surgeons Mates, and Serjeant Majors of Militia, until the Twenty fifth Day of March One thousand eight hundred and twenty six.
32. An Act to provide for the Application of Monies arising
33. An Act to repeal certain Acts relating to the Governor and
35. An Act to render more effectual the several Acts for authorizing Advances for carrying on Public Works, so far as relates to Ireland. 163
36. An Act for enabling the Corporation of Pembroke to relinquish and convey to the Commissioners of His Majesty's Navy the Right of letting the Stalls, Sittings and other Conveniences in the Market established in the Town of Pembroke Dock, and the Right to the Rents, Tolls and Fees thereof. 167
37. An Act to provide for the future Assimilation of the Duties of Excise upon Sweets or Made Wines, upon Mead and Metheglin, upon Vinegar, and upon Cyder and Perry, in Great Britain and Ireland, and to continue the Duty of Excise on Sweets or Made Wines in Great Britain until the Fifth Day of January One thousand eight hundred and twenty six.
38. An Act for extending the Jurisdiction of the Commissioners acting in Execution of an Act of the Fifth Year of His present Majesty, for paving and regulating the Regent's Park, together with the New Street from thence to Pall Mall; and for other Purposes relating thereto. 173
39. An Act for granting certain Powers and Authorities to a Company, to be incorporated by Charter, to be called "The Van Diemen's Land Company," for the Cultivation and Improvement of Waste Lands in His Majesty's Island of Van Diemen's Land, and for other Purposes relating thereto. 181 40. An Act to enable Justices of the Peace in England, in certain A 3
Cases, to borrow Money on Mortgage of the Rate of the County, Riding or Place, for which such Justices shall be ther acting. Page 192 41. An Act to repeal the Stamp Duties payable in Great Britain and Ireland upon the Transfer of Property in Ships and Vessels, and upon Bonds and Debentures required to be given in relation to the Duties, Drawbacks and Bounties of Customs or Excise; and to grant other Duties of Stamps on such Bonds and Debentures.
42. An Act for the better Regulation of Copartnerships of certain Bankers in Ireland.
198 43. An Act to amend and render more effectual an Act made in the Tenth Year of the Reign of King Charles the First, for impounding of Distresses in Ireland. 209
44. An Act for granting to His Majesty Rates of Postage on the Conveyance of Letters and Packets to and from Columbia and Mexico.
213 45. An Act to allow, until the Fifth Day of July One thousand eight hundred and twenty five, the Enrolment of Articles of Clerkship to Solicitors and Attornies in England, and the making and filing of Affidavits relating thereto, in certain Cases, where the same may have been omitted or neglected. 46. An Act to prevent Articled Clerks of Attornies and others, in Great Britain, from being prejudiced by the Neglect of such Attornies and others, in omitting to take out their annual Certificates. 217 47. An Act for restricting the Punishment of Leasing making, Sedition and Blasphemy, in Scotland.
48. An Act to alter and amend an Act passed in the Thirty ninth and Fortieth Year of King George the Third, for the Recovery of Small Debts in Scotland.
49. An Act for encouraging the Capture or Destruction of piratical Ships and Vessels. 230 50. An Act for consolidating and amending the Laws relative to Jurors and Juries. 232
51. An' Act for the Amendment of the Laws with respect to Special Juries, and to Trials in Counties of Cities and Towns, and Towns Corporate, in Ireland. 266
52. An Act to amend an Act of the last Session of Parliament, for amending former Acts relating to Presentments by Grand Juries for Payment of the Salaries of Treasurers and Public Officers of the several Counties in Ireland. 271 53. An Act for limiting the Time within which Inquisitions of
Lunacy, Idiotcy and Non Compos Mentis, may be traversed, and for making other Regulations in the Proceedings pending a Traverse. 273
54. An Act to amend an Act of the First and Second Years of His present Majesty, for the Establishment of Asylums for the Lunatic Poor in Ireland. 275
55. An Act to regulate the Proceedings as to sealing of Writs in the Court of Exchequer in Ireland. 277
56. An Act to amend Two Acts for removing Difficulties in the Conviction of Offenders stealing Property in Mines and from Corporate Bodies.
57. An Act for the Amendment of the Law respecting the Settle ment of the Poor, as far as regards renting Tenements and paying Parochial Taxes.
Page 283 58. An Act for providing equivalent Rates of Excise Duties, Allowances and Drawbacks on Beer and Malt, and on Spirits, made in Scotland or Ireland, according to the Measure of the new Imperial Standard Gallon. 284 59. An Act to provide for the Extinction of Feudal and Seignioral Rights and Burthens on Lands held à Titre de Fief and à Titre de Cens, in the Province of Lower Canada; and for the gradual Conversion of those Tenures into the Tenure of Free and Common Soccage; and for other Purposes relating to the said Province. 289
60. An Act to amend an Act of the Fourth Year of His present Majesty's Reign, for the better Administration of Justice in the Equity Side of the Court of Exchequer in Ireland.
61. An Act to amend Two Acts; of the Fifty eighth Year of His late Majesty, for regulating the Payment of Regimental Debts, and the Distribution of the Effects of Officers and Soldiers dying in Service; and the Receipt of Sums due to Soldiers; and of the Fourth Year of His present Majesty, for punishing Mutiny and Desertion of Officers and Soldiers in the Service of the East India Company. 302 62. An Act to amend an Act of the Scottish Parliament, relative to the Aliment of poor Prisoners. 304
63. An Act to make further Provisions for the Regulation of Cotton Mills and Factories, and for the better Preservation of the Health of young Persons employed therein. 305
64. An Act to alter for One Year, and until the End of the
66. An Act for explaining and amending an Act of the Sixth