Exploring Polar Frontiers: A Historical Encyclopedia
ABC-CLIO, 2003 - 797 sivua
Covers the entire history of Arctic and Antarctic exploration, from the voyage of Pytheas ca. 325 B.C. to the present, in one convenient, comprehensive reference resource.
* 511 A-Z biographical, geographical, and subject entries on polar exploration such as dogs, man-hauling, Elephant Island, South Georgia, and major explorers such as Sir John Franklin, Fridtjof Nansen, and Richard Byrd
* Extensive collection of photographs, many taken by expedition participants
* Vivid illustrations, including woodcuts and drawings
* 20 maps detailing Arctic and Antarctic regions
* Chronology of expeditions beginning with the voyage of Pytheas in 325 B.C. through the present
Tulokset 1 - 3 kokonaismäärästä 84
A multitude of polar bear tracks showed the island to be an important denning
site. On 8 August, Antarctic anchored off King's Island at Cape Alt- mann, where
further studies were conducted for the next eight days whenever weather
Not until 6 August was Nordenskiold able to enter Stor Fjord following further
work in Bell and Horn Sounds. This left him no more than three weeks to
complete his survey. The fiord was still packed by ice, but Axel Thordsen
managed to force ...
Arrangements had been made for Toll's party to be picked up by Zarya, but when
Matisen was able to put to sea on 21 August, heavy ice prevented him from
coming close to Bennett Island. On 5 September, he was almost out of coal and ...
Mitä ihmiset sanovat - Kirjoita arvostelu
MacMillan Donald 18741970
Fiala Anthony 18691950 222
Malygin Stepan d 1764
67 muita osia ei näytetty