Exploring Polar Frontiers: A Historical Encyclopedia
ABC-CLIO, 2003 - 797 sivua
Covers the entire history of Arctic and Antarctic exploration, from the voyage of Pytheas ca. 325 B.C. to the present, in one convenient, comprehensive reference resource.
* 511 A-Z biographical, geographical, and subject entries on polar exploration such as dogs, man-hauling, Elephant Island, South Georgia, and major explorers such as Sir John Franklin, Fridtjof Nansen, and Richard Byrd
* Extensive collection of photographs, many taken by expedition participants
* Vivid illustrations, including woodcuts and drawings
* 20 maps detailing Arctic and Antarctic regions
* Chronology of expeditions beginning with the voyage of Pytheas in 325 B.C. through the present
Tulokset 1 - 3 kokonaismäärästä 56
See also: Australian Antarctic Territory; Ellsworth, Lincoln (1938-1 939); Ingrid
Christensen Coast; Mawson, Douglas (1929-1931); Operation Highjump
Princess Martha Coast (Antarctica) Lined throughout its length by ice shelves
with high ice ...
Areas falling within it include Edward VII Land, Victoria Land, Ross Island, Scott
Island, the Balleny Islands, and most of the Ross Ice Shelf. New Zealand's claim
derives chiefly from discoveries made by Sir James Clark Ross in 1 84 1 and 1 ...
The Ross Ice Shelf (Scott Polar Research Institute) was not prepared to risk the
same fate for his winter station. Roald Amundsen had no such qualms in 1911,
wintering at Framheim before making his historic journey to the South Pole.
Mitä ihmiset sanovat - Kirjoita arvostelu
MacMillan Donald 18741970
Fiala Anthony 18691950 222
Malygin Stepan d 1764
67 muita osia ei näytetty