Exploring Polar Frontiers: A Historical Encyclopedia
ABC-CLIO, 2003 - 797 sivua
Covers the entire history of Arctic and Antarctic exploration, from the voyage of Pytheas ca. 325 B.C. to the present, in one convenient, comprehensive reference resource.
* 511 A-Z biographical, geographical, and subject entries on polar exploration such as dogs, man-hauling, Elephant Island, South Georgia, and major explorers such as Sir John Franklin, Fridtjof Nansen, and Richard Byrd
* Extensive collection of photographs, many taken by expedition participants
* Vivid illustrations, including woodcuts and drawings
* 20 maps detailing Arctic and Antarctic regions
* Chronology of expeditions beginning with the voyage of Pytheas in 325 B.C. through the present
Tulokset 1 - 3 kokonaismäärästä 83
See also: Barents Sea; Bering, Vitus (1733-1743); Chancellor, Richard; Chukchi
Sea; East Siberian Sea; Kara Sea; Laptev Sea; Nordenskiold, Adolf Erik;
Northwest Passage; Papanin, Ivan; Pet, Arthur; Pomor Contribution to Arctic
Table 19 Northwest Passage, Eighteenth-century Expeditions Note: For a full list
of Northwest Passage firsts, see. but by becoming the first European to reach the
Arctic coast of North America in 1771, Hearne proved that only at such high ...
Note: For a full list of Northwest Passage firsts, see T. C. Pullen and C. W. M.
Swithinbank. 1991. "Transits of the Northwest Pasage, 1906-1990," Polar Record
, 27(163): 365-367. Willem Barents's expedition prepares to sail back to Holland (
Mitä ihmiset sanovat - Kirjoita arvostelu
MacMillan Donald 18741970
Fiala Anthony 18691950 222
Malygin Stepan d 1764
67 muita osia ei näytetty