Exploring Polar Frontiers: A Historical Encyclopedia
ABC-CLIO, 2003 - 797 sivua
Covers the entire history of Arctic and Antarctic exploration, from the voyage of Pytheas ca. 325 B.C. to the present, in one convenient, comprehensive reference resource.
* 511 A-Z biographical, geographical, and subject entries on polar exploration such as dogs, man-hauling, Elephant Island, South Georgia, and major explorers such as Sir John Franklin, Fridtjof Nansen, and Richard Byrd
* Extensive collection of photographs, many taken by expedition participants
* Vivid illustrations, including woodcuts and drawings
* 20 maps detailing Arctic and Antarctic regions
* Chronology of expeditions beginning with the voyage of Pytheas in 325 B.C. through the present
Tulokset 1 - 3 kokonaismäärästä 52
Geographical Review, 43(3), 338-365. Operation Deep Freeze Initially organized
to provide logistical support for U.S. activities during the International
Geophysical Year, Operation Deep Freeze was to continue until the late 1990s.
For more ...
Hope Bay was to become the great sledging center of the Falkland Island
Dependencies Survey (the new name for Operation Tabarin following the end of
World War II; see below). This tradition was established early, with a four-man
On their way to the Gaussberg, the Western Party discovered the Haswell Islands
, where a survey party landed in December 1947 during Operation Windmill to
provide ground control for air photographs taken earlier that year by the Western
Mitä ihmiset sanovat - Kirjoita arvostelu
MacMillan Donald 18741970
Fiala Anthony 18691950 222
Malygin Stepan d 1764
67 muita osia ei näytetty