Exploring Polar Frontiers: A Historical Encyclopedia
ABC-CLIO, 2003 - 797 sivua
Covers the entire history of Arctic and Antarctic exploration, from the voyage of Pytheas ca. 325 B.C. to the present, in one convenient, comprehensive reference resource.
* 511 A-Z biographical, geographical, and subject entries on polar exploration such as dogs, man-hauling, Elephant Island, South Georgia, and major explorers such as Sir John Franklin, Fridtjof Nansen, and Richard Byrd
* Extensive collection of photographs, many taken by expedition participants
* Vivid illustrations, including woodcuts and drawings
* 20 maps detailing Arctic and Antarctic regions
* Chronology of expeditions beginning with the voyage of Pytheas in 325 B.C. through the present
Tulokset 1 - 3 kokonaismäärästä 44
Brig Jane and Cutter Beaufoy, in the latitude of 74°15' South, returning northward
, 20 February 1823 (Weddell, J. 1825. v4 voyage towards the South Pole. London
: Longman et al, p. 44) Endurance, entering the pack ice, 9 December 1914 ...
In fact, they were not leopard seals but Leptonychotes weddelli, a new species
soon to be known as the Weddell seal. Very few fur seals were found, but
Weddell was now able to compile a reasonably accurate chart of the islands.
margins were first penetrated by Edward Bransfield, who reached 64°50'S east of
the peninsula on 23 February 1820, its discovery is generally credited to the
British sealer James Weddell. In February 1823 — in an exceptionally ice-free
Mitä ihmiset sanovat - Kirjoita arvostelu
MacMillan Donald 18741970
Fiala Anthony 18691950 222
Malygin Stepan d 1764
67 muita osia ei näytetty