Exploring Polar Frontiers: A Historical Encyclopedia
ABC-CLIO, 2003 - 797 sivua
Covers the entire history of Arctic and Antarctic exploration, from the voyage of Pytheas ca. 325 B.C. to the present, in one convenient, comprehensive reference resource.
* 511 A-Z biographical, geographical, and subject entries on polar exploration such as dogs, man-hauling, Elephant Island, South Georgia, and major explorers such as Sir John Franklin, Fridtjof Nansen, and Richard Byrd
* Extensive collection of photographs, many taken by expedition participants
* Vivid illustrations, including woodcuts and drawings
* 20 maps detailing Arctic and Antarctic regions
* Chronology of expeditions beginning with the voyage of Pytheas in 325 B.C. through the present
Tulokset 1 - 3 kokonaismäärästä 84
From there, he planned to explore the north coast of Greenland as far as he could
and, from its northernmost point, make an attempt on the Pole. On 1 1 April, he
set out across Robeson Channel accompanied by Henson and five Inuit.
Beyond Mossel Bay on 29 September, Detmers and Moeser were seen some
way ahead, but no attempt was made to join them. They were not seen again.
Continuing south through Wijde Bay, they came to a trapper's hut on 4 October.
It was thought that finds made by Horatio Austin and Penny in the vicinity of
Beechey Island indicated that Franklin, having failed in an attempt to head
southwest from Cape Walker, had followed his contingency instructions to
examine whether ...
Mitä ihmiset sanovat - Kirjoita arvostelu
MacMillan Donald 18741970
Fiala Anthony 18691950 222
Malygin Stepan d 1764
67 muita osia ei näytetty