Exploring Polar Frontiers: A Historical Encyclopedia
ABC-CLIO, 2003 - 797 sivua
Covers the entire history of Arctic and Antarctic exploration, from the voyage of Pytheas ca. 325 B.C. to the present, in one convenient, comprehensive reference resource.
* 511 A-Z biographical, geographical, and subject entries on polar exploration such as dogs, man-hauling, Elephant Island, South Georgia, and major explorers such as Sir John Franklin, Fridtjof Nansen, and Richard Byrd
* Extensive collection of photographs, many taken by expedition participants
* Vivid illustrations, including woodcuts and drawings
* 20 maps detailing Arctic and Antarctic regions
* Chronology of expeditions beginning with the voyage of Pytheas in 325 B.C. through the present
Tulokset 1 - 3 kokonaismäärästä 86
British base on Stonington Island, Marguerite Bay (British Antarctic Survey) Barry
Island that year. This station was partly burned down on 2 February 1959 and
then closed on 28 February 1960. While open, its members were particularly
year, when Base E could not be relieved and a party soon to be known in the
British press as "the lost eleven" had to man the station through another winter,
until they too could be flown out. As a result of these difficulties, Base E was
Instead of German occupation, they found a flag and other symbols denoting
claims to Argentine sovereignty left by Primero de Mayo in February 1 943.
Deception was to be the site of Base B. Dr. W. R. Flett was now left behind as
base leader ...
Mitä ihmiset sanovat - Kirjoita arvostelu
MacMillan Donald 18741970
Fiala Anthony 18691950 222
Malygin Stepan d 1764
67 muita osia ei näytetty