Exploring Polar Frontiers: A Historical Encyclopedia
ABC-CLIO, 2003 - 797 sivua
Covers the entire history of Arctic and Antarctic exploration, from the voyage of Pytheas ca. 325 B.C. to the present, in one convenient, comprehensive reference resource.
* 511 A-Z biographical, geographical, and subject entries on polar exploration such as dogs, man-hauling, Elephant Island, South Georgia, and major explorers such as Sir John Franklin, Fridtjof Nansen, and Richard Byrd
* Extensive collection of photographs, many taken by expedition participants
* Vivid illustrations, including woodcuts and drawings
* 20 maps detailing Arctic and Antarctic regions
* Chronology of expeditions beginning with the voyage of Pytheas in 325 B.C. through the present
Tulokset 1 - 3 kokonaismäärästä 74
Traveling in the specially built 15-meter motor vessel Nauja, Thomas conducted
the first soundings of eastern Foxe Basin before reaching the new land, which
was found to consist of three low-lying islands — Prince Charles, Air Force, and ...
From their hut, at Dawes Point on the east coast, they conducted the most
detailed topographic and geological survey to date. See also: Barents, Willem;
Bruce, William Speirs; Hoel, Adolf; Svalbard References and further reading:
Bruce, W. S. ...
Knowledge of subglacial topography here and elsewhere in Antarctica was vastly
extended by the radio-echo sounding program conducted by the Scott Polar
Research Institute with U.S. logistical support between 1967 and 1979. See also:
Mitä ihmiset sanovat - Kirjoita arvostelu
MacMillan Donald 18741970
Fiala Anthony 18691950 222
Malygin Stepan d 1764
67 muita osia ei näytetty