Exploring Polar Frontiers: A Historical Encyclopedia
ABC-CLIO, 2003 - 797 sivua
Covers the entire history of Arctic and Antarctic exploration, from the voyage of Pytheas ca. 325 B.C. to the present, in one convenient, comprehensive reference resource.
* 511 A-Z biographical, geographical, and subject entries on polar exploration such as dogs, man-hauling, Elephant Island, South Georgia, and major explorers such as Sir John Franklin, Fridtjof Nansen, and Richard Byrd
* Extensive collection of photographs, many taken by expedition participants
* Vivid illustrations, including woodcuts and drawings
* 20 maps detailing Arctic and Antarctic regions
* Chronology of expeditions beginning with the voyage of Pytheas in 325 B.C. through the present
Tulokset 1 - 3 kokonaismäärästä 56
Again Nobile headed east, searching first for nonexistent "Gillis Land" before
reaching Franz Josef Land thirteen hours after takeoff. The northern coast of this
archipelago was then followed to its northernmost point at Cape Fligely, before ...
as the Eastern Group headed farther west to investigate the coastline of the
Amundsen Sea, a region previously seen only from a distance and not reliably
charted. On 1 9 January, Dufek was lucky to survive a helicopter crash when
With little further apparently to discover, Ronne decided to turn at 77°30'S, 72°W,
where the American flag was dropped, before heading back along his course to
within 30 miles of Mount Austin, where he now turned to the southeast to follow ...
Mitä ihmiset sanovat - Kirjoita arvostelu
MacMillan Donald 18741970
Fiala Anthony 18691950 222
Malygin Stepan d 1764
67 muita osia ei näytetty