Exploring Polar Frontiers: A Historical Encyclopedia
ABC-CLIO, 2003 - 797 sivua
Covers the entire history of Arctic and Antarctic exploration, from the voyage of Pytheas ca. 325 B.C. to the present, in one convenient, comprehensive reference resource.
* 511 A-Z biographical, geographical, and subject entries on polar exploration such as dogs, man-hauling, Elephant Island, South Georgia, and major explorers such as Sir John Franklin, Fridtjof Nansen, and Richard Byrd
* Extensive collection of photographs, many taken by expedition participants
* Vivid illustrations, including woodcuts and drawings
* 20 maps detailing Arctic and Antarctic regions
* Chronology of expeditions beginning with the voyage of Pytheas in 325 B.C. through the present
Tulokset 1 - 3 kokonaismäärästä 85
South Georgia's two principal mountain chains — the Allardyce and Salvesen
Ranges — include numerous 2,000- meter peaks, many of which remain
unclimbed. They present formidable difficulties, not least because weather
favorable for ...
This involved constructing a 6-mile trail and then a cable lift up a 200-meter cliff,
on top of which a temporary camp was built. Victor had learned much from his
time with the U.S. Army Air Corps in the war, during which he had served as an ...
To form "the Snuggery? as they ironically called their hut, the two remaining
boats — Dudley Docker and Stancomb Wills — were turned upside down and
placed on top of stone walls a little over 1 meter high and just under 6 meters
Mitä ihmiset sanovat - Kirjoita arvostelu
MacMillan Donald 18741970
Fiala Anthony 18691950 222
Malygin Stepan d 1764
67 muita osia ei näytetty