Exploring Polar Frontiers: A Historical Encyclopedia
ABC-CLIO, 2003 - 797 sivua
Covers the entire history of Arctic and Antarctic exploration, from the voyage of Pytheas ca. 325 B.C. to the present, in one convenient, comprehensive reference resource.
* 511 A-Z biographical, geographical, and subject entries on polar exploration such as dogs, man-hauling, Elephant Island, South Georgia, and major explorers such as Sir John Franklin, Fridtjof Nansen, and Richard Byrd
* Extensive collection of photographs, many taken by expedition participants
* Vivid illustrations, including woodcuts and drawings
* 20 maps detailing Arctic and Antarctic regions
* Chronology of expeditions beginning with the voyage of Pytheas in 325 B.C. through the present
Tulokset 1 - 3 kokonaismäärästä 25
A few days out, navigator Pitzl was disconcerted to discover that they appeared to
be traveling southeast instead of northwest. Plaisted was leading the way, and
when Pitzl caught up with him, the leader replied.'Tve been reading canoe maps
Illustrated glossary of snow and ice. Cambridge: Scott Polar Research Institute.
Arnesen, O. 1929. The polar adventure: the Italia tragedy seen at close quarters.
London: Victor Gollancz. Asher, G. M., ed. 1860. Henry Hudson the navigator, the
London: Hakluyt Society. . 1889. A life of John Davis the navigator, 1550-1605.
London: George Philip. . 1909. Life of Admiral Sir Leopold McClintock. London:
John Murray. . 1986. Antarctic obsession: a personal narrative of the origins of
Mitä ihmiset sanovat - Kirjoita arvostelu
MacMillan Donald 18741970
Fiala Anthony 18691950 222
Malygin Stepan d 1764
67 muita osia ei näytetty