Exploring Polar Frontiers: A Historical Encyclopedia
ABC-CLIO, 2003 - 797 sivua
Covers the entire history of Arctic and Antarctic exploration, from the voyage of Pytheas ca. 325 B.C. to the present, in one convenient, comprehensive reference resource.
* 511 A-Z biographical, geographical, and subject entries on polar exploration such as dogs, man-hauling, Elephant Island, South Georgia, and major explorers such as Sir John Franklin, Fridtjof Nansen, and Richard Byrd
* Extensive collection of photographs, many taken by expedition participants
* Vivid illustrations, including woodcuts and drawings
* 20 maps detailing Arctic and Antarctic regions
* Chronology of expeditions beginning with the voyage of Pytheas in 325 B.C. through the present
Tulokset 1 - 3 kokonaismäärästä 83
The Kara Sea route became increasingly important in late imperial times, and at
the same time American vessels developed a growing trade with northern
Chukotka in the far east. Not until 1914-1915 was the next transit made by Boris ...
Increased resources were allocated to the Arctic Institute, which had conducted
the search for Nobile and was now charged with constructing a network of "polar
stations" along the Northern Sea Route and in the High Arctic archipelagoes.
In time, this policy shift also led to the establishment of the Chief Administration of
the Northern Sea Route (Glav- sevmorput', or GUSMP), a development that
caused Samoylovich to have mixed feelings. In 1930, he had been replaced as
Mitä ihmiset sanovat - Kirjoita arvostelu
MacMillan Donald 18741970
Fiala Anthony 18691950 222
Malygin Stepan d 1764
67 muita osia ei näytetty