Exploring Polar Frontiers: A Historical Encyclopedia
ABC-CLIO, 2003 - 797 sivua
Covers the entire history of Arctic and Antarctic exploration, from the voyage of Pytheas ca. 325 B.C. to the present, in one convenient, comprehensive reference resource.
* 511 A-Z biographical, geographical, and subject entries on polar exploration such as dogs, man-hauling, Elephant Island, South Georgia, and major explorers such as Sir John Franklin, Fridtjof Nansen, and Richard Byrd
* Extensive collection of photographs, many taken by expedition participants
* Vivid illustrations, including woodcuts and drawings
* 20 maps detailing Arctic and Antarctic regions
* Chronology of expeditions beginning with the voyage of Pytheas in 325 B.C. through the present
Tulokset 1 - 3 kokonaismäärästä 88
Placed in charge of sledging arrangements during Horatio Austin's expedition (
1850-1851), he introduced a number of innovations, enabling a series of much
longer journeys to be made. In the fall, depots were laid along the lines of major ...
With the sun disappearing on 9 November and not reappearing until 9 February
1848, the winter was spent in preparations for the coming sledging season.
Copper collars giving details of the location of the ships and of food depots were
Following the Condor's first flight on 9 February, to the Ford Ranges and Ruppert
Coast for the purpose of conducting an aerial survey from which a sledging map
could be constructed for the following season, the next two major flights were to ...
Mitä ihmiset sanovat - Kirjoita arvostelu
MacMillan Donald 18741970
Fiala Anthony 18691950 222
Malygin Stepan d 1764
67 muita osia ei näytetty