Exploring Polar Frontiers: A Historical Encyclopedia
ABC-CLIO, 2003 - 797 sivua
Covers the entire history of Arctic and Antarctic exploration, from the voyage of Pytheas ca. 325 B.C. to the present, in one convenient, comprehensive reference resource.
* 511 A-Z biographical, geographical, and subject entries on polar exploration such as dogs, man-hauling, Elephant Island, South Georgia, and major explorers such as Sir John Franklin, Fridtjof Nansen, and Richard Byrd
* Extensive collection of photographs, many taken by expedition participants
* Vivid illustrations, including woodcuts and drawings
* 20 maps detailing Arctic and Antarctic regions
* Chronology of expeditions beginning with the voyage of Pytheas in 325 B.C. through the present
Tulokset 1 - 3 kokonaismäärästä 86
Sir James Clark Ross's sledge excursion (Adams, W. A. H. 1880. Recent polar
voyages. London: T. Nelson and Sons, p. 79) Critical position of HMS Investigator
on the north coast of. tion why European exploring expeditions — especially ...
Placed in charge of sledging arrangements during Horatio Austin's expedition (
1850-1851), he introduced a number of innovations, enabling a series of much
longer journeys to be made. In the fall, depots were laid along the lines of major ...
Following the Condor's first flight on 9 February, to the Ford Ranges and Ruppert
Coast for the purpose of conducting an aerial survey from which a sledging map
could be constructed for the following season, the next two major flights were to ...
Mitä ihmiset sanovat - Kirjoita arvostelu
MacMillan Donald 18741970
Fiala Anthony 18691950 222
Malygin Stepan d 1764
67 muita osia ei näytetty