Exploring Polar Frontiers: A Historical Encyclopedia
ABC-CLIO, 2003 - 797 sivua
Covers the entire history of Arctic and Antarctic exploration, from the voyage of Pytheas ca. 325 B.C. to the present, in one convenient, comprehensive reference resource.
* 511 A-Z biographical, geographical, and subject entries on polar exploration such as dogs, man-hauling, Elephant Island, South Georgia, and major explorers such as Sir John Franklin, Fridtjof Nansen, and Richard Byrd
* Extensive collection of photographs, many taken by expedition participants
* Vivid illustrations, including woodcuts and drawings
* 20 maps detailing Arctic and Antarctic regions
* Chronology of expeditions beginning with the voyage of Pytheas in 325 B.C. through the present
Tulokset 1 - 3 kokonaismäärästä 92
What, if anything, can be believed of this remarkable voyage? Starting from the
end and working backward, we known that "New South Greenland" as such does
not exist. Were Morrell trustworthy in other regards, we might credit him with ...
Brig Jane and Cutter Beaufoy, in the latitude of 74°15' South, returning northward
, 20 February 1823 (Weddell, J. 1825. v4 voyage towards the South Pole. London
: Longman et al, p. 44) Endurance, entering the pack ice, 9 December 1914 ...
A narrative of the voyages and travels of Captain Beechey ... to the Pacific and
Behring's Strait, performed in the years 1825, 26, 27 and 28. London: W. Wright.
Hultgreen, T. 2002. When did the Pomors come to Svalbard? Acta Borealia, 19(2)
Mitä ihmiset sanovat - Kirjoita arvostelu
MacMillan Donald 18741970
Fiala Anthony 18691950 222
Malygin Stepan d 1764
67 muita osia ei näytetty