Exploring Polar Frontiers: A Historical Encyclopedia
ABC-CLIO, 2003 - 797 sivua
Covers the entire history of Arctic and Antarctic exploration, from the voyage of Pytheas ca. 325 B.C. to the present, in one convenient, comprehensive reference resource.
* 511 A-Z biographical, geographical, and subject entries on polar exploration such as dogs, man-hauling, Elephant Island, South Georgia, and major explorers such as Sir John Franklin, Fridtjof Nansen, and Richard Byrd
* Extensive collection of photographs, many taken by expedition participants
* Vivid illustrations, including woodcuts and drawings
* 20 maps detailing Arctic and Antarctic regions
* Chronology of expeditions beginning with the voyage of Pytheas in 325 B.C. through the present
Tulokset 1 - 3 kokonaismäärästä 81
This was found later the same year by Frederick Mecham and reported to Henry
Kellett at Dealy Island, where the latter had established winter quarters. Kellett
was able to arrange for the rescue of McClure's crew the following spring. Two of
Penola now ferried supplies south from Port Lockroy in two voyages before being
safely bedded in for the winter on 14 February. There, once the sea had frozen
over, its engine could at last be fixed within a cage of iron bars and cement.
Scott not to winter in McMurdo Sound, to the west of Ross Island, in order to leave
the latter free to pursue his own plans for an expedition with this as his base. With
extreme reluctance, Shackleton now found himself forced to break this ...
Mitä ihmiset sanovat - Kirjoita arvostelu
MacMillan Donald 18741970
Fiala Anthony 18691950 222
Malygin Stepan d 1764
67 muita osia ei näytetty