« EdellinenJatka »
HE Lord my Pafture fhall prepare,
Though in the Paths of Death I tread,
Though in a bare and rugged Way,
By Sir J. DEN HAM.
Clap your Hands with one Accord!
Praife with melodious Notes the Lord!
4. Facob he loves, and will advance,
With Trumpets to our King rejoice, With Understanding raise your Voice; 7. To his Commands the World fubmits.
8. Exalted on his facred Throne,
He o'er the Heathen reigns alone:
With those of Abram's God to join;
By the fame.
Lo ORD, let the King thy Judgments share,
2. That under his judicious Care,
Then from the Mountains Peace fhall flow,
4. The Low don't his Protection want,
The Righteous fhall abound in Peace, Until the Moon her Motion ends; 8. His large Dominions fhall increase, As far as Sea or Land extends: 9. In him the Wildernefs fhall truft, And all his Foes fhall lick the Duft.
10. Sheba and Seba, with their King
Of th' Iflands, and Arabian Shore; 11. All Princes fhall their Prefents bring,
And the whole World this Prince adore: 12. To the Diftrefs'd his Aid appears,
And when the Wretched cry, He hears.
13. The Needy he not only loves,
But fhews to them his faving Light; 14. From Fraud and Force he them removes, Their Blood is precious in his Sight: 15. To him who fhall for ever live,
Their Gold fhall the Sabeans give.
He firft our fervent Pray'rs fhall hear,
16. The Mountains Corn and Trees fhall bear,
17. His bleffed Name fhall Time outlive, His Glory fhall outshine the Sun ; 18. Then Ifrael Praife to him fhall give, For all the Wonders he has done. And all Mankind his Fame rehearse, Whofe Glory fills the Univerfe.
By the fame.
FROM Age to Age I will record The Truth and Mercy of the Lord : 2. His Faithfulness as firmly ftands
As Heaven, establish'd by his Hands.
3. A Cov'nant he with David made,
5. Angels thy heavenly Wonders fhow;
Then what can Earth to Thee compare?
7. With Rev'rence all his Saints appear,
9. Thy Breath with Rage the Sea does fill,
11. Thy Bounty Heav'n and Earth did found,
14. THY Throne is fix'd on Judgment's Bafe, And Mercy stands before thy Face:
15. Thrice happy they, thy Voice who hear, And by thy Law their Courses steer!
16. Exalted in thy Righteousness,
They to thy Name their Pray'r addrefs; 17. Their Strength is by thy Glory born, Thy Favour fhall exalt their Horn.
18. We fafe in thy Protection dwell,
Thou Holy One of Ifrael. 19. "Twas God, who in a Vifion faid, I on the Mighty Help have laid.
20. David my Servant firft I chofe,
His Head my facred Oil o'erflows. 21. Firmly fupported by my Hand,
His Strength fhall conquer, and command.
22. His Enemies fhall ne'er prevail;
The Sons of Wickednefs fhall fail, 23. Caft down before his Face; and all
Who hate him, by my Plagues fhall fall.
24. Mercy and Faithfulness his Ways
Shall point, my Name his Horn fhall raife. 25. He o'er the Sea fhall ftretch his Hand, And mighty Rivers fhall command.
26. Me for his Father he fhall own,
28. With him my Cov'nant fhall ftand faft, My Mercy fhall for ever laft,
29. His Seed for ever fhall endure,
His Throne as Heav'n itself fecure.