« EdellinenJatka »
Exod. xxxii. 11. And Mofes befought the LORD his GoD, and faid, LORD, why doth thy Wrath wax hot against thy People, which thou haft brought forth out of the Land of Egypt, with great Power and with a mighty Hand?
12. Wherefore fhould the Egyptians fpeak and fay, For MISCHIEF did he bring them out, to SLAY them in the Mountains, and to CONSUME them from the Face of the Earth? Turn from thy fierce Wrath, and repent of this EVIL against thy People.
14 And the LORD repented of the EVIL which he thought to do unto his People.
Numb. xiv. 17. And now, I beseech thee, let the POWER of my LORD be great, according as thou hast Spoken, faying,
18. The LORD is LONG-SUFFERING, and of great MERCY, forgiving INIQUITY and TRANSGRESSION, and by no means clearing the GUILTY, vifiting the INIQUITY of the Fathers upon the Children, unto the third and fourth Generation.
19. Pardon, I beseech thee, the INIQUITY of this People, according unto the Greatness of thy MERCY, and as thou haft FORGIVEN this People from Egypt, even until now.
Deut. iv. 7. For what Nation is there fo great, who hath GOD fo NIGH unto them, as the LORD our GOD is in all Things that we CALL upon him for?
29. If thou shalt SEEK the LORD thy God, thou fhalt find him, if thou SEEK him with all thy HEART, and with all thy SOUL.
Fofbua x. 12. Then fpake Joshua to the LORD, in the Day when the LORD delivered up the Amorites before the Children of Ifrael; and he faid in the Sight
of Ifrael, SUN, ftand thou STILL upon Gibeon, and thou Moon, in the Valley of Ajalon.
13. And the SUN ftood still, and the Moon stayed, until the People had avenged themselves upon their ENEMIES. So the SUN ftood ftill in the midst of Heaven, and hafted not to GO DOWN about a whole Day.
14. And there was no Day like that before it or after it, that the LORD HEARKNED unto the VOICE of a MAN: for the LORD fought for Ifrael.
Judg. xv. 18. And Samfon was fore athirst, and CALLED on the LORD, and faid, Thou haft given this great DELIVERANCE into the Hand of thy Servant, and now fhall I die for Thirft, and fall into the Hand of the Uncircumcifed?
19. But GoD clave an hollow Place that was in the Jaw, and there came Water thereout; and when he had drunk, his SPIRIT came again, and he revived.
1 Sam. i. 10. And Hannah was in bitterness of I SOUL, and PRAYED unto the LORD, and WEPt sore. 11. And the vowed a Vow, and faid, O LORD of Hofts, if thou wilt indeed look on the AFFLICTION of thine Handmaid, and remember me, and not FORGET thine Handmaid, but wilt give unto thine Handmaid a Man-Child, then I will give him unto the LORD all the Days of his Life.
13. Now Hannab the SPAKE in her HEART, only her Lips moved, but her Voice was not heard.
Pfalm xxxii. 5. I ACKNOWLEDGED my SIN unto thee, and mine INIQUITY have I not hid: I faid, I will CONFESS my TRANSGRESSIONS unto the LORD; and thou FORGAVEST the INIQUITY of my SIN.
6. For this shall every one that is godly, PRAY unto thee in a Time when thou mayft be found.
Pfalm xxxiv. 15. The Eyes of the LORD are upon the RIGHTEOUS, and his Ears are OPEN unto their CRY. Pf. 1. 15. CALL upon me in the Day of TROUBLE; I will DELIVER thee, and thou fhalt GLORIFY me.
Pf. Ixv. 2. O thou that HEAREST PRAYER, unto thee fhall all Flefh come.
Pf. cxlv. 18. The LORD IS NIGH unto all them that CALL upon him, to all that CALL upon him in Truth.
19. He will FULFIL the DESIRE of them that. FEAR him: He alfo will HEAR their CRY, and will SAVR them.
1 Kings viii. 22. And Solomon ftood before the Altar of the LORD, in the Prefence of all the Congregation of Ifrael, and fpread forth his Hands toward Heaven:
23. And he faid, LORD GOD of Ifrael, there is no GoD like thee, in Heaven above, or on Earth beneath, who keepeft COVENANT and MERCY with thy Servants, that WALK before thee with all their HEART.
27. But will GOD indeed DWELL on the Earth? Behold, the HEAVEN, and HEAVEN OF HEAVENS cannot CONTAIN thee; how much lefs this HOUSE that I have builded?
28. Yet have thou refpect unto the PRAYER of thy Servant, and to his SUPPLICATION, O LORD my GOD, to hearken unto the CRY, and to the PRAYER which thy Servant PRAYETH before thee:
30. And hearken thou to the SuPPLICATION of thy Servant, and of thy People Ifrael, when they fhall PRAY towards this Place: and HBAR thou in Heaven thy dwelling Place, and when thou hearest, FORGIVE.
1 Kings ix. 2. And the LORD appeared to Solomon, 3. And faid unto him, I have heard thy PRAYER and thy SUPPLICATION that thou haft made before me.
2 Chron. i. 7. In that Night did GOD appear unto Solomon, and faid unto him, Ask what I fhall give thee.
8. And Solomon faid unto GoD, Thou haft fhewed great MERCY unto David my Father, and haft made me to reign in his ftead:
10. GIVE me now WISDOM and KNOWLEDGE, that I may go out and come in before this People.
11. And GOD faid to Solomon, Because THIS was in thine HEART, and thou haft not ASKED RICHES, WEALTH, OF HONOUR, nor the Life of thine Enemies neither yet haft asked LONG LIFE; but haft asked WISDOM and KNOWLEDGE for thy felf, that thou mayst judge my People:
12. WISDOM and KNOWLEDGE IS GRANTED unto thee, and I will give thee RICHES, and WEALTH, and HONOUR, fuch as none of the Kings have had, that have been before thee, neither fhall there any after thee have the like. \/ Ins
1 Kings xviii. 36. And it came to pass at the Time of the Offering of the EVENING SACRIFICE, that Elijah the Prophet came near, and faid, LORD GOD of Abrabam, Ifaac, and of Ifrael, let it be known this Day, that thou art GoD in Ifrael, and that I am thy Servant, and that I have done all thefe Things at thy Word. I et bag
37. HEAR me, O LORD, HEAR me, that this People may know that thou art the LORD GOD, and that thou haft turped their HEART back again,
38. Then the FIRE of the LORD fell, and confumed the Burnt-Sacrifice.
2 Chron. xiv, 10. Then Afa went out against him, and they fet the Battle in aray.
11. And Afa CRIED unto the LORD his GOD, and faid, LORD, it is nothing with thee to HELP, whe
ther with many, or with them that have NO POWER: Help us, O LORD our GoD, for we REST on thee, and in thy NAME we go against this Multitude: O LORD, thou art our GOD, let not MAN prevail against thee.
12. So the LORD fmote the Ethiopians before Afa, and before Judak, and the Ethiopians fled.
Chap. xx. 5. And Jehoshaphat stood in the House of the LORD,
6. And faid, O LORD GOD of our Fathers, art not thou Go D in Heaven? and RULEST not thou over all the KINGDOMS of the Heathen? and in thine Hand is there not PoWER and MIGHT, fo that none is ABLE TO WITHSTAND thee?
7. Art not thou our GoD, who didft drive out the Inhabitants of this Land before thy People Ifrael?
8. And they pwELT therein, and have built thee a Sanctuary within, for thy Name, faying,
9. If when EVIL cometh upon us, as the Sword, JUDGMENT, OF PESTILENCE, OF FAMINE, we ftand before this Houfe, and in thy Prefence, (for thy Name is in this House) and CRY unto thee in our AFFLICT TION, then thou wilt HEAR and HELP.
10. And now, behold, the Children of Ammon, and Moab, and Mount Seir, whom thou wouldst not let Ifrael invade, when they came out of the Land of Egypt
11. Behold, I fay, how they reward us, to come to caft us out of THY POSSESSION, which THOU halt GIVEN us to inherit.
12. O our GoD, wilt thou not judge them? For we have NO MIGHT against this great Company that cometh against us: neither KNOW we what to Do ; but our EYES are upon THEE.
14. Then the SPIRIT of the LORD came upon Jabaziel: