« EdellinenJatka »
15. And he faid, Hearken ye, all Judah, and thou King Jehofhaphat ; Thus faith the LORD unto you, Be not AFRAID, nor Dismayed by reason of this great Multitude ; for the Battle is not YOURS, but God's.
24. And when Judah came toward the WatchTower in the Wilderness, they looked unto the Multitude, and behold, they were dead Bodies fallen to the Earth, and none ESCAPED.
2 Kings xix. 1. And it came to pass when King Hezekiah heard of the Words of Rabsakeh, that he rent his Clothes, and covered himself with Sackcloth.
14. And when he had received the Letter of the Hand of the Messengers, and read it, he went up into the House of the LORD, and spread it before the LORD.
15. And Hezekiah PRAYED before the LORD, and said, O LORD. GOD. of Israel, which dwellest between the CHERUBIMS, thou art the God, even thou alone, of all the Kingdoms of the Earth, thou hast made Heaven and Earth.
16. LORD, BOW DOWN thine Ear, and HEAR: OPEN, LORD, thine Eyes, and see: and hear the Words of Sennacherib, which hath sent him to reproach the living God.
19. Now therefore, O LORD our GOD, I beseech thee, save thou us out of his Hand, that all the Kingdoms of the Earth may know that thou art the LORD God, even thou only.
20. Then Isaiah fent to Hezekiah, saying, Thus faith the Lord God of Israel, That which thou hast PRAYED to me against Sennacherib King of Allyria, I have HEARD.
Chap. xx. 1. In those Days was Hezekiah fick unto Death,
2. Then he turned his Face to the Wall, and PRAYED unto the LORD, saying,
3. I beseech thee, O LORD, remember now how I have WALKED before thee in Truth, and with a perFECT HEART, and have done that which is good in thy Sight : and Hezekiah wept fore.
4. And it came to pass afore Isaiah was gone out into the middle Court, that the Word of the LORD came to him, saying,
5. Turn again, and tell Hezekiah the Captain of my People, Thus faith the LORD, the God of David thy Father, I have HEARD thy PRAYER, I have seen thy Tears : behold, I will heal thee ; on the third Day thou shalt go up unto the House of the LOR D.
6. And I will add unto thy Days fifteen Years, and I will DELIVER
thee, and this City, out of the Hand of the King of Allyria, and I will DEFEND this City for mine own sake, and for my Servant David's fake.
2 Chron. xxxiv. 22. And Hilkiah, and they that King Josiab had appointed, went to Huldab the Prophetess.
23. And she answered them, Thus faith the LORD God of Israel, Tell ye the Man that sent you to me,
24. Behold, I will bring Evil upon this place, and upon the Inhabitants thereof :
25. Because they have forsaken me, and have burned Incense unto other Gods, that they might PROVOKB me to ANGER with all the Works of their Hands.
26. And as for the King of Judah, who sent you to inquire of the LORD, so shall ye say unto him, Thus faith the LORD God of Israel, concerning the Words which thou hast heard,
27. Because thine Heart was tender, and thou didft humble thy self before God, when thou heardest his Words against this Place, and against the Inhabitants thereof, and humbledst thy self before me, and didst rend thy Clothes, and weep before me ; I have even HEARD thee also, faith the LORD.
28. Behold, I will gather thee to thy
Fathers, and ni thou shalt be gathered to thy Grave in Peace, neither at shall thine Eyes see all the Evil that I will bring upon : this Place, and upon the Inhabitants of the fame. So they brought the King word again.
Nehem. i. 4. And it came to pass when I heard these G Words, that I sat down and WEPT, and MOURNED certain Days, and FASTED, and PRAYED before the God of Heaven,
5. And said, I beseech thee, O LORD God of Heaven, the great and terrible God, that keepeth Covenant and Mercy for them that love him, and OBSERVE his Commandments :
6. Let thine Ear now be attentive, and thine Eyes open, that thou mayst HEAR the PRAYER of thy Servant, which I PRAY before thee now, Day and Night, for the Children of Israel thy Servants, and CONPESS the Sins of the Children of Israel, which we have finned against thee : both I, and my Father's House have finned.
7. We have dealt very corruptly against thee, and have not kept the COMMANDMENTS, nor the STATUTES, nor the JUDGMENTS which thou commandedst thy Servant Mofes.
11. O LORD, I beseech thee, let now thine Ear be attentive to the PRAYER of thy Servant, and to the PRAYER of thy Servants, who DESIRE TO FEAR thy Name : and prosper, I pray thee, thy Servant this Day, and grant him Mercy in the sight of this Man. For I was the * King's Cupbearer.
Prov. xv. 8. The SACRIFICE of the WICKÁD, is an ABOMINATION to the LORD; but the PRAYER of the UPRIGHT is his DELIGHT.
29. The LORD is far from the Wicked, but he heareth the PRAYER of the RIGHTEOUS.
Chap. xxviii. 2. He that turneth away his Ear from #SARING the Law, even his PRAYER thail be Abomination,
Escles. v. 2. Be not RASH. With thy Mouth, and let not thine Heart be MASTY to utter any thing before Goo: for God is in: HEAVEN, and chou upon EARTH ; therefore let thy WORDS be few.
i faiab xlv. 19. I have not spoken in sacrer, in a dark Place of the Earth: I said not unto the Seed of Jacob, Seek ye me in vain.ie
Chap. lv. 6. Seek ye the LORD while he may be found ; CALL ye upon him while he is near.'
Jer. xxix. 12. Then shall ye call upon me, and ye Thall
go and PRAY unto me, and I will HEARKEN unto you.
13. And ye shall seek' me, and find me, when ye shall SEARCH for me with all your HEART.
Dan. vi. 10. When Daniel knew that the Writing was signed, he went into his House ; and his Windows being open in his Chamber toward Jerusalem, he KNEBLED upon his Knees three times a Day, and PRAYED, and gave Thanks before his God, as he did aforetime.
11. Then these Men assembled, and found Daniel PRAYING, and MAKING SUPPLICATION before his God.
Chap. ix. 3. And I set my Face unto the LORD God, to seek by Prayer and SUPPLICATIONS, with FASTING, and SackCLOTH, and Ashes.
4. And I PRAYED unto the LORD my God, and made my Confeffion, and said, O LORD, the GREAT and DREADFUL GOD, keeping the Covenant, and Mercy to them that love him, and to them that KEEP his Commandments :
17. Now therefore, our God, hear the PRAYER of thy Servant, and his SUPPLICATIONS, and cause thy Face to shine upon thy San&uary that is DESOLATE, for the Lord's sake.
19. O LORD HEAR, O LORD: FORGIVE, O LORD HEARKEN and DO; defer not, for thine own sake, O my God: for thy City, and thy People are called by thy Name.
21. Whiles I was speaking in PRAYER, even the Man Gabriel, whom I had seen in the Vilion at the Beginning, being caufed to fly swiftly, touched me about the Time of the Evening Oblation.
ci; Hosea vii. 14. They have not CRIED' unto me with their HEART, when they Howled upon their Beds.
Jonah ii. 7. When my Soul FAINTED within me, I remembred the LORD, and my PRAYER came in unto thee, into thine holy Temple.
Chap. iii. 8. But let Man and Beast be covered with Sackcloth, and cry mightily unto God; yea, let them turn every one from his EVIL WAY, and from the V10LENCE that is in their Hands.
9. Who can tell if God will turn and repent, and turn away from his fierce ANGER, that we PERISH not ?
10. And God saw their Works, that they turned from their Evil Way, and God repented of the Evil that he had said that he would do unto them, and he did it not.
Zeph. ii. 3. Seek ye the LORD, all ye Meek of the Earth, which have wrought his JUDGMENT, SEEK RighTEOUSNESS, SEEK MEEKNESS : it may be, ye shall be HID in the Day of the Lord's Anger.