« EdellinenJatka »
thy way, and as thou hast BeLIEVED, so be it done unto thee. And his Servant was healed in the self-fame Hour. [L] And they that were sent, returning to the House, found the Servant whole that had been fick.
CHRIST returns to the Sea of Galilee, and cures one that was deaf and dumb.
Mark vii. 31.
Matt. XV. 29.
and Sidon, he came unto the Sea of Galilee, through the midft of the Coast of Decapolis. And they bring unto him one that was Deaf, and had an Impediment in his Speech : and they beseech him to put his Hand upon him. And he took him aside from the Multitude, and put his Fingers into his Ears, and he spit, and touched his Tongue. And looking up to Heaven, he fighed, and said unto him, Ephphatha, that is, Be opened. And ftraightway bis Ears were opened, and the String of his Tongue was loosed, and he spake plain. And he charged them that they should tell no Man: but the more he charged them, fo much the more a great deal they published it. [M.] And he went up into a Mountain, and fat down there. And great Multitudes came unto him, having with them those that were LAME, BLIND, DUMB, MAIMED, and many others, and cast them down at Fejus Feet, and he healed them : Infomuch that the Multitude wondred when they saw the Dumb to speak, the MAIMLD to be whole, the LAME to walk, and the BLIND to see. [Mr.] And were beyond measure astonished, saying, He hath done all Things well : he maketh both the Deaf to hear, and the Dumb to speak. [M.] And they glorified the God of Ifrael.
An infirm Woman healed on the Sabbath
Day. Luke AND he was teaching in one of the Synagogues xiii. 10. Woman which had a Spirit of INFIRMITY eighteen Years, and was bowed together, and could in no wife lift up her self. And when Jesus saw her, he called her to him, and said unto her, Woman, thou art loosed from thine INFIRMITY. And he laid his Hands on her, and immediately she was made straight, and glorified God. And the Ruler of the Synagogue answered with Indignation, because that Jesus had healed on the Sabbath Day, and said unto the People, There are fix Days in wh Men ought to work : in them therefore come and be healed, and not on the Sabbath Day. The Lord then answered him, and said, Thou HYPOCRITE, doth not each one of you on the Sabbath loose his Ox or his Ass from the Stall, and lead him away to Watering? And ought not this Woman, being a Daughter of Abraham, whom SaTAN hath bound, lo there eighteen Years, be loosed from this Bond on the Sabbath Day? And when he had said these Things, all his Adversaries were ashamed: And all the People rejoiced for all the GLORIOUS THINGS that were done by him.
CHRIST, in the Pharisee's House, beals
one of the Dropsy on the Sabbath Day. Luke AND it came to
ND it came to pass, as he went into the House xiv. I. of one of the chief Pharisees on the Sabbath Day, that they watched him. And behold, there was a certain Man before him which had the Dropsy. And Jesus answering, spake unto the Lawyers and Pharisees, faying, Is it lawful to Heal on the Sabbath Day? And they held their Peace. And he took him, and healed him, and let him go : and answered them, saying, Which of you
shall have an Ass or an Ox fallen into a Pit, and will not straightway pull him out on the Sabbath Day? And they could not answer him again to these Things.
JESUS on the Sabbath Day cures him
that had an Infirmity Thirty eight Years, and lay at the Pool of Bethesda. At which the Jews being enraged, and seeking to kill him, Jesus avows his Deity, that all Judgment was committed to him, and that whosoever believed on him, should have everlasting Life
. And that he was the promis'd Messiah, of whom Moses wrote.
FTER this there was a Feast of the Jews, and
Jesus went up to ferusalem. 2. Now there is at Jerusalem by the Sheep-Market, a Pool, which is called in the Hebrew Tongue, Bethesda, having five Porches.
3. In these lay a great Multitude of Impotent Folk, of Blind, Halt, Withered, waiting for the Moving of the Water.
4. For an Angel went down at a certain Season into the Pool, and troubled the Water: whosoever then first after the Troubling of the Water stepped in, was made whole of whatsoever Disease he had.
5. And a certain Man was there, which had an INFIRMITY THIRTY and EIGHT Years.
6. When Jesus saw him lie, and knew that he had been now a long Time in that Case, he faith unto him, Wilt thou be made WHOLE ?
7. The IMPOTENT Man answered him, Sir, I have no Man, when the Water is troubled, to put me into the Pool:
but while I am coming, another steppeth down before me.
8. Fesus faith unto him, Rise,take up thy Bed, and walk.
9. And immediately the Man was made WHOLE, and took up his Bed, and walked : and on the fame Day was the Sabbath.
10. The Jews therefore faid unto him that was cured, It is the Sabbath Day; it is not lawful for thee to carry thy Bed.
11. He answered them, He that made me whole, the same said unto me, Take up thy Bed, and walk.
12. Then asked they him, What Man is that which said unto thee, Take up thy Bed, and walk ?
13. And he that was healed, wist not who it was: for Jesús had conveyed himself away, a Multitude being in that Place.
14. Afterward Jesus findeth him in the Temple, and said unto him, Behold, thou art made whole : Sin no more, left a WORSE THING come upon thee.
15. The Man departed, and told the Jews that it was Jefus that had made him whole.
16. And therefore did the Jews PERSECUTE Jesus, and sought to stay him, because he had done these Things on the Sabbath Day.
17. But Jesus answered them, My Father worketh hitherto, and I WORK.
18. Therefore the Jews sought the more to kill him, because he not only had broken the Sabbath, but said also, that God was his FATHER, making himself EQUAL with God *.
19. Then answered Jesus, and said unto them, Verily, verily, I say, unto you, The Son can do nothing of himfelf, but what he feeth the Father do: for what Things foever he doth, these also doth the Son likewise.
20. For the Father loveth the Son, and sheweth him all Things that himself doth: and he will shew him greater WoR is than these, that ye may marvel.
21. For as the Father RIASETH up the DEAD, and quickneth them : even so the Son quickneth whom he will. (a) AEts xvii. 31. Because he hath ap22. For (a) the Father pointed a Day in the which he will
JUDGE the World in Righteousness, JUDGETH no Man; but hath by that Man whom he hath orcommitted all JUDGMENT dained ; whereof he hath given Alunto the Son :
surance unto all Men, in that he hath RAISED him from the DEAD.
• See the Proofs of CHRIST's Divinity, page 2.
23. That all Men should HONOUR the Son, even as they HONOUR the Father. He that honoureth not the Son, honoureth not the Father which hath sent him.
(b) John xvii. 1. These Words 24. Verily, verily (6) I say to Heaven, ’and said, Father, the
spake Jif148 ; and lift up his Eyes unto you, He that heareth Hour is come, GLORIFY thy Son, my WORD, and believeth on
that thy Son also may GLORIFY
thee. him that fent me, hath ever
2. As thou hast given him Powlafting Life, and shall not er over all Flesh, that he should come into CONDEMNATION; give Eternal Lipe to as many as
chou hast given him. but is pafled from Death un
3. And this is Life Eternal, that to Life.
they might know thee the only 25. Verily, verily I say true Gon, and Jesus Christ whom unto you, (c) The Hour is thou hast sent.
2 Tim. i. 9. Who hath SAVED coming, and now is, when
us, and called us with an HOLY the Dead shall hear the Voice CALLING, not according to our of the Son of God; and Works, but according to his own
Purpose and GRACE which was they that hear, Shall LIVE, 26. For as the Father hath World began,
given us in Chrift.Jefru, before the Life in himself; so hath he 10. But is now made MANIFEST given to the Son to have by the Appearing of our SAVIOUR
Fifres Christ, who hath abolished Life in himself;
DEATH, and hath brought Life 27. And hath given him and IMMORTALITY to light,through AUTHORITY to execute
(C) Ephef. ii. 1. And you hath he JUDGMENT alfo, because he quickned, who were dead in TRESis the Son of Man.
PASSES and SINS, 28. Marvel not at this :
2. Wherein in Time past ye for the Hour is coming, in the this world, according to the Prince
walked according to the Course of which all that are in the of the Power of the air, the Graves shall hear his Voice, SPIRIT that now worketh in the
Children of Disobedience. 29. And shall come forth,
3. Among whom also we all had they that have done Good, our Conversation in Times pait, in unto the Resurrection of the Lusts of our Flesh, fulfilling LIFE; and they that have Mind; and were by Nature the
the Desires of the Flelh, and of the done Evil, unto the Resur- Children of Wrath, even as others. rection of DAMNATION.
4. But God, who is RICH in 30. I(1) can of mine own with he loved us,
MERCY, for his great Love where. felf do nothing: as I hear, I s. Even when we were DEAD in judge : and my JUDGMENT SIN, hath QUICKNED US together is just; because I feek not with Christ, (by GRACE ye are
saved). mine own Will, but the Will
(d) Heb. x. 30. For we knor of the Father which hath him har hath said, Vengeance be
longeth unto me, I will recompense, 31. If I bear witness of my Lord shall JUDGE his people.
faith the Lord. And again, The felf,