« EdellinenJatka »
in the House of his Servant out of Heaven shall he thunder up
on them : The Lord shall JUDGE David;
the Ends of the Earth, and he shall 70. As he spake by the give STRENGTH unto his King, Mouth of his HOLY PRO- and Exalt the HORN of his anPHETS,
which have been OINTED. fince the World BEGAN.
71. That we should be saved from our ENEMIES, and from the Hand of all that hate us.
72. To perform the Mercy promised to our Fathers, and to remember his holy COVENANT :
73. The Oath which he SWARE to our Father A- of Babes and Sucklings hast thou
(6)Psal. viii. 2. Out of the Mouth braham :
ordained STRENGTH, because of 74. That (6)he would grant thine Enemies, that thou mightest
Itill the Enemy and the Avenger. unto us, that we being deli
Psal. xiii. s. I have trusted in thy vered out of the Hands of Mercy, my Heart shall rejoice in our ENEMIES, might serve thy Salvation. him without FEAR,
Psal. xvii. 8. Keep me as the Ap
ple of the Eye : hide me under the 75. In Holiness and Shadow of thy Wings, RIGHTEOUSNESS before 9. From the Wicked that oppress him all the Days of our Life. me, from my DEADLY Enemies,
who compass me about. 76. And thou, Child, shalt
Psal. xxxiv. 22. The Lord REbe called the PROPHET of DEÉMETH thc Soul of his Serthe HIGHEST: for thou shalt vants : and none of them that go before the face of the trust in him shall be defolate,
Pfal. Ixi. 2. From the End of the Lord, to prepare his Ways; Earth will I cry unto thee, when
77. To give KNOWLEDGE my Heart is overwhelmed: lead me of SALVATION unto his Peo. to the Rock that is higher than I.
3. For thou hast been a Shelter ple, by the ReMISSION of for me, and a strong Tower their SINS,
from the ENEMY.
Psal. Ixviii. 1. Let Gor ariste, let 78. Through the tender
his ENEMIES be scattered : ler them Mercy of our God; whereby also that hate him, fice before him. the Day-spring from on high
Psal. cvi. 10. And he SAVED hath vifited us,
them from the Hand of him that
hated them; and REDEEMED them 79. To give LIGHT to from the Hand of the Enemy. them that fit in Darkness, Psal. cxxxvi. 24. And hath RT!and in the Shadow of Death, for his Mercy endureth for ever:
DEEMED us from our ENEMIES : to GUIDE our Feet into the
i Cor. xv. 25. For he mult reign, Way of PEACE.
till he hath put all ENEMIES under 8. And the Child grew,
his Feet. and waxed ftrong in Spirit, destroyed, is DEATH
26. The last Enemy that shall be and was in the Deserts till 1 Pet. v. 8. Be foler, be vigilant; the Day of his Shewing unto
because your AdvERSARY thu DEIfrael.
VIL, as a roaring Lion, walketh abouit seeking whom he may devour. 9. Whom refift Itedfast in the Faith.
TOW the Birth of Fesus Christ was on this wife : i. 18. When as his Mother Mary was espoused to foSeph, before they came together, she was found with Child of the Holy GHOST.
19. Then Joseph her Husband being a juft Man, and not willing to make her a publick Example, was minded to put her away privily.
20. But while he thought on these Things, behold, the Angel of the Lord appeared unto him in a Dream, saying, Foseph thou Son of David, fear not to take unto thee Mary thy Wife: for that which is conceived in her, is of the Holy Ghoft.
21. And (c) she shall bring (6) Acts V. 30. The God of our Faforth a Son, and thou shalt
thers raised up Jesus, whom ye flews call his Name Fefus : for
and hanged on a Tree.
31. Him hath God exalted with he fall save his People from his right Hand to be a PRINCI and their Sins.
a SAVIOUR, for to give REPEN22. (Now all this was Ness of Sins.
TANCE to Israel, and FORGIVEdone, that it might be fulfil- 1 Tim. i. 15. This is a faithful led which was spoken of the Saying, and worthy of all AcceptaLord by the * Prophet, say- World to SAVE Sinners.
tion, that Christ Jesus came into the ing,
Tit. ii. 13. Looking for that blef23. Behold, a VIRGIN sed Hope, and the glorious Appearshall be with Child, and shall ing of the great God, and our SA
: bring forth a Son, and they 14. Who gave himself for us, shall call his Name Imma- that he might redeem us from 972!el, which being interpreted, self a peculiar People, zealous of
all INIQUITY, and purify unto him. is, GOD WITH US.)
good Works. 24. Then Joseph being
1 John i. 9. If we confess nur raised from Sleep, did as the
Sins, he is faithful and just to FOR
GIVE us our Sins, and to cleanse Angel of the Lord had bid- us from all Unrighteousness. den him, and took unto him Chap. iii. s. And ye know that his Wife:
he was manifested to take away our
Sins, and in him is no Sin. And knew her not till 25. The had brought forth her firit-born Son; and he called his Name Jefus.
; Luke ij. I. And it came to pass in those Days, that there went out a Decree from Cæjar Auguftus, that all the World should be taxed.
* Sce 11. viii. 190
2. (And this taxing was first made when Cyrenius was Governour of Syria)
3. All went to be taxed, every one into his own City. 4. And Joseph also went from Galilee, out of the City of Nazareth, into Judea, unto the City of David, (because he was of the House and Linage of David)
5. To be taxed with Mary his espoused Wife, being great with Child.
6. And so it was, that while they were there, the Days were accomplished that she should be delivered.
7. And she brought forth her first-born Son, and wrapped bim in Swadling-Clothes, and laid him in a Manger, because there was no room for them in the Inn.
8. And there were in the same Country SHEPHER DS abiding in the Field, keeping Watch over their Flock by Night.
9. And lo, the Angel of the LORD came upon them, and the GLOR Y of the LORD shone round about them; and they were fore afraid.
10. And the Angel said unto them, Fear not: for behold, I bring you GOOD TIdings of great Joy, which hall be to all People.
11. For unto you is born this Day, in the City of David, a SAVIOUR, which is CHRIST the LORD.
12. And this shall be a Sign unto you; Ye shall find the Babe wrapped in Swadling-Clothes, lying in a Manger.
13. And suddenly there was with the Angel a Multitude of the HEAVENLY Host PRAISING God, and saying, The glad Tidings of Peace 14. GLORY to God in the
thus proclaimed by the highest, and on EarthPEACE,
Heavenly Host, was foreGood Will towards Men.
told by the Prophets. 15. And it came to pass as the Angels were gone away Psalm xxix. 11. The Lord will from them into Heaven, the give Strength unto his people, the Shepherds said one to ano
Lord will bless his People with
PEACE. ther, Let us now go even un- Pf. lxxxv. 8. I will hear what to Bethlehem, and see this God the Lord will speak : for he Thing which is come to pass, will speak Peace unto his Peuple,
to his Saints. which the Lord hath made
10. MERCY and TRUTH are known unto us.
me together : RIGHTEOUSNESS 16. And they came with and PEACE have kissed cach other.
PS. cxix. 165. Great PEACE have hafte, and found Mary and all they which love thy Law: and Joseph, nothing liall offend them.
Fofeph, and the Babe lying Prov. iii. 17. Her Ways are Ways
. in a Manger.
of Pleasantness, and all her Paths
are PEACE. 17. And when they had
Ifai. ix. 6. For unto us a CHILD seen it, they made known is born, unto us a Son is given, abroad the Saying which was and the GovERNMENT Thail be told them concerning this upon his Shoulder : and his NAME
shall be called', WONDERFUL, Child.
COUNSELLOR, The Mighty God, 18. And all they that heard The EVERLASTING Father, The it, wondred at those Things
PRINCE of PEACE.
7. Of the increase of his Gowhich were told them by the vernmentand PEACE, there shall Shepherds.
be no END. 19. But Mary kept all Chap. xxvi. 3. Thou wilt keep these Things, and pondered is stayed on thee : because hc truit
him in perfeet PEACE, whose Mind them in her Heart.
cih in thee. 20. And the Shepherds re- for us : For thou allo halt wrought
12. Lord, thou wilt ordain PEACE turned, glorifying and praif- all our Works in us. ing God for all the Things Chap. xxxii. 17. And the Works that they had heard and of Righteousness Mall be PEACE, seen.
and the Effect of Righteousness
QUIETNESS and ASSURANCE for Chap. liii. 5. But he was wounded for our Transgressions, he was bruised for our Iniquities : the Chastisement of our PEACE was upon him, and with his Stripes we are healcd.
Chap. Ivii. 19. I create the Fruit of the Lips ; PEACE, PEACE to him that is far off, and to him that is near, faith the Lord, and I will heal bim.
20. But the Wicked are like the troubled Sea, when it cannot ret; whose Waters cast up Mire and Dirt,
21. There is no PEACE, saith my God, to the Wicked. Nahum i. 15. Behold upon the Mountains the Feet of him that bringeth Good TIDINGS, that publisherh PEACE.
Zach. ix. jo. He shall speak PEACE unto the Heathen : and his DoMINION shall be from Sea to Sca, and from the River even unto the Ends of the Earth.
Luke xix. 38. Blessed be the King that cometh in the Name of the Lond: Peace in Heaven, and GLORY in the highest.
Johr. xiv. 27. PEACE I leave with you, my PEACE I give unto you : not as the World giveth, give I unto you. Let not your Heart be trou bled, neither let it be afraid.
Chap. xvi. 33. Thele Things I have spoken unto you, that in me ye might have PEACE. In the World ye shall have Tribulation : but be of good Cheer, I have overcome the World.
Afts x. 36. The Word which Gop fent unto the Children of Israel, preaching Peace by Jesus Christ (he is Lord of all.)
Rom. v. i. Therefore being justified by Faith, we have PEACE with God, through our Lord Jesus Chrift.
Chap. vii. 6. To be carnally minded, is DEATH; but to be spiritually minded, is Life and PEACE.
Chap. xiv. 17. For the Kingaom of Gon is not Meat and Drink, but RIGHTEOUSNESS, and PEACE, and Joy in the Holy Ghost.
Gal. v. 22. But the Fruit of the Spirit is Love, joy, and PE ACE, Long suffering, Gentleness, Goodness, Faith.
Phil. iv. 7. And the Peace of God which pafTeth all Understanding, shall keep your Hearts and Minds through Chrisi Jefus.
The Circumcision of CHRIST. Luke ii. 21. AND when eight Days were accomplished for
the Circumciting the Child, his Name was called JESUS, which was so named of the Angel before he was conceived in the Womb.
22. And when the Days of her Purification, according to the Law of 11oles, were accomplished, they brought him to Ferufalem, to present him to the LORD,
23. (As it is written in the Law of the Lord, Every Male that openeth the Womb shall be called holy to the Lord)
24. And to offer a Sacrifice according to that which is faid in the Law of the Lord, A pair of Turtle-Doves, or two young Pigeons.
25. And behold, there was a Man in Jerusalem, whose Name was Simeon ; and the same Man was just and DEVOUT, waiting for the CONSOLATION of Israel: and the Holy Ghost was upon him.
26. And it was revealed unto him by the Holy Ghost, that he should not fee Death, before he had seen the LORD'S CHRIST.
27. And he came by the SPIRIT into the Temple : and when the Parents brought in the Child Jesus, to do for him after the Custom of the Law,
28. Then took he him up in his Arms, and bleffed God, and said,
29. LORD, 110W lettest thou thy Servant depart in PEACE, according to thy Word.
30. For mine Eyes have seen thy SALVATION:
31. Which thou hast prepared before the Face of all People :
32. A Light to lighten the Gentiles, and the Glory of thy People Israel.
33. And Joseph and his Mother marvelled at those Things which were fpoken of him.
34. And Simeon blessed them, and said unto Mary his Mother, Behold, this Child is set for the Fall and Rifing again of many in Ifrael ; and for a sign which shall be spoken against :