« EdellinenJatka »
Depth of Hold — Coefficient of Fineness — Moulded Depth Freeboard — Vessels of Extreme Proportions - Breadth and Depth
- Erections on Deck — Sheer - Round of Beam — Explanatory Notes on Application of Freeboard Tables - Additional Freeboard for Winter North Atlantic for Well-deck Vessels - Rules for Depth of Loading of Turret-deck Vessels — Rules for Shelterdeck Vessels - Load Draught Diagrams — Types of Vessels Freeboard Marks—Freeboard Tables— Freeboards for Freight
- Freeboards for Spar Deckers - Freeboards for Awning Deckers-Sailing Vessels — Kirk's Analysis — Analysis Data
- Wetted Surface Formula — Launching — Launching Periods - Launching Curves — Camber of Ways— Declivity of Ways Pressure on Dog Shoes — Length of Ways— Tables of Launching Data — Calculation of Hull Weights — Ditto by Johnson's Method — Johnson's Curves — Complete Tables of Weights of Steel Shapes — The Transport of Cattle — Arrangement of Stalls and Pens — Dimensions of Stalls and Pens- Board of Agriculture Regulations - Detailed Weights of Cattle Fittings – Rudder Formulæ - Spectacle Frames — Proportions of Spectacle Frames — Propeller Struts — Simpson's Formula for Propeller Struts — Proportions of Brackets — Centre of Gravity by Experiment – Centre of Gravity by Calculation - Strength of Ships - Hogging-Sagging Curve of Weights — Curve of Buoyancy — Curve of Loads — Curve of Shearing Stresses Curve of Bending Moments — Specimen Calculations for Moments of Inertia — Diagram of Strength Curves -Resistance of Ships — The Admiralty Constant — Table of Constants for various Types - Froude's Investigations — Law of Comparison
- Application of Froude's Law — Speed and Power Curve Standard Curves of Power -I.H.P. by Independent Method Skin Resistance - Residuary Resistance Power-Form of Least Resistance — Middendorf's Method — Table of Angles of Entrance and Run Table of Steamers' Data.
Section II. — Strength of Materials. Strength of Materials Ultimate Strength - Working Load - Proof Strength — Stress and Strain — Tensile Stress — Compressive Stress — Shearing Stress — Bending Stress — Torsional Stress
Resilience - Elasticity-Modulus of Elasticity- Permanent Set Moment of Inertia Neutral Surface — Section Modulus Moinent of Resistance - Radius of Gyration — Various Stresses and their Factors — Elements of Sections — Beam Bending Moments - Elements of Circular Sections — Moment of Inertia of Circular Sections — Strength of Columns — Johnson's Formula for Columns - Least Radius of Gyration for various Sections
- Values for Johnson's Formula — Pipe Pillars — Standard Pipe Elements — Steel Columns — Strength of Metals and Alloys. Physical Properties of Timber — Strength of Timber — Weight and Strength of Wire Rope — Notes on the Use of Wire Rope Strength of Chain Cables — Proof Load for Chains — Strength of Guard Chains — Weight of Chain Cables — Breaking Strength of Chains — Elements of Angles - Elements of Bulb Angles — Elements of Deck Beams — Elements of Tees — Elements of Z bars — Tees as Struts — Bending Moments of Pins — Strength of Special Shackles — Riveting U. S. Navy - Standard Rivets Lloyd's Riveting Table — Tables of Strength of Riveting Ordered Lengths of Rivets — Shearing and Bearing Tables of Rivets.
Section III. — Fittings and Details. Structural Details — Keels — Bar Keel — Keel Scarphs — Tack Rivets in Keels- Universal Bar Flat Plate Keels - Centre Keelson - Keel Doublings — Stems — Stern Frames - Braces Gudgeons — Pintles — Riveting of Boss — Rudder Post — Body Post - Rudders -Single Plate Rudder - Norman Head — Rudder Arms - Coupling Palm — Coupling Bolts — Rudder Stock – Cast Steel Rudder - Balanced Rudders — Heel Bearing — Emergency Chains — Types of Rudder Carriers — Rudder Trunks Tail Plates — Propeller Struts — Area of Propeller Brackets Boss Barrel — Spectacle Frames — Bossing around ShaftsTube-end Castings — Framing — Resistance of Frames — Cut Frames — Pressed Plate Chocks — Stapled Collars — Frame Doublings — Spirketting Plate — Framing of Superstructure Reverse Framés — Floors — Stresses on Floors — Flanged Floors — Channel Floors — Water-tight Floors — Floor Brackets — End Floors - Inner Bottoms — Water-tight Compartinents — Centre Vertical Girder — Side Girders — Margin Plate — Ceiling on Tanks Bitumastic Cement Manholes Tank Bleeders - Beams Beam Camber — Welded Beam Knees — Bracket Knees -Standard Beam Knees — Strong Beams — Carlings — Deck Girders Beam Collars Hold Pillars — Built Columns – Pipe Pillars Standard Solid Heads and Heels — Fitting of Pillars — Heels on Inner Bottoms — Staggered Pillars — Hatches — Size of Hatches
Hatch Corner Doublings Corner Angles — Hatch Fore and Afters - Bridle Beams - Standard Hatch Cleats Battening Bar – Hatch Wedges — Hatch Ledges — Hatch Lashing Rings — Hatch Covers — Lifting Rings — Web Frames - Keelsons — Intercostal Plates —Side Stringers - Bulkhead Collars — Longitudinals — Ending of Keelsons — Bulkheads — Collision Bulkheads - Bulkhead Liners — Bottom Plaiting Bhd. — Stiffeners — Stresses
on Bulkheads - Deep Framing - Caulking – Chafing PiecesShell Plating - Arrangement of Strakes — Plate Lines — Fairing the Lines on Model — Shift of Butts — Furnaced Plates — Landings - Butts of Plating — Garboard Strake — Sheerstrake - Shell Riveting — Stealers - Jogging — Scarphs of Overlaps — Liners at Overlaps — Scarphing of Landing Edges on Stem and Stern Post
– Holes through Shell —Doubling Plates — Hood End Plates Doublings at Breaks — Fitting Details — The Preparation of Details — Standardizing Details — Bill of Material - Standard Hatching — Graphic Division of One Inch — Baldt Anchors - Inglefield Anchors — Hall Anchors — Admiral Anchors Anchor Cranes — Formulas for Bevel and Mitre Gear Blanks— Naval Anchor Crane-Stress on Auchor Cranes — Dimensions of Anchor Cranes — Ship's Bells — Weight of Bells — Belay Pins Balanced Armor Hatch — Standard Bollards — Weights of Bollards — Wire Rope Snatch Blocks — Diamond Rope Blocks — 25Ton Block - Standard Iron Blocks - U.S. Standard Bolts and Nuts - Chain Plates — Cast Steel Cleats — Catting Hooks Crane Hooks — Navy Boat Crane - Boat-handling Arrangement
- Rotating Davit — Mallory Davit — Swan-neck Davit –Mine Davit— Board of Trade Rules for Round Davits - Davit Heads Weights of Boats and Davit Diameters — Standard Hinged W. T. Doors — Standard Sliding W. T. Doors — Details of W. T. Doors
- Standard Eyebolts — Standard Fairleads — Weight of Fairleads — Flanges for Lead Pipes — Standard Pipe Flanges — Standard Flanges for Ventilation - Standard Hand Wheels (Iron) — Standard Hand Wheels (Brass) — Hawse Pipe ProportionsWeights of Hawse Pipes — Hooks — Cargo Hooks — Swivel Hooks -- Trip Hooks — Keys and Keyways — Reversible Pad EyeLewis Bolt — Accommodation Ladders — Lashing Triangles Mooring Pipes — Strength of W. I. Pipes — Plug Cock KeysStandard Pad Eyes — Strength of Rings — Proportions of Rings - Ordered Lengths of Rivets — Diagrams for Rivets -- Ring Plates - Dimensions of Wood Screws — Areas of Sea Anchors — Detail of Sea Anchor — Sisterhooks — Slip Shackles — Trade Shackles — Standard Shackles — Standard Worked Eyes — Towing BittsSteering Chain Springs — Screw Steering Gears — Deck Seats Weights of sidelights — Proportions of Chain Slips — Boom Mountings - Spider Bands — Torpedo Net Details — Gaff MountingsStuffing Boxes and Glands — Thimbles for Wire Rope - Standard Toggle Pins — Admiralty Turnbuckles — Trolley Block — Universal Joints — Low Pressure Valves — Heavy Pressure Valves — Friction Brake for Cranes - Ventilation Chart for Ventilation Pipes — Terminals for Exhaust Pipes — Adjustable TerminalsTerminals with Dampers — Standard Sizes of Ventilators and Cowls — Weight of Cowls — Elswick Guns — Vickers Guns
Schneider Guns — Krupp Guns — Bethlehem Guns — U. S. Naval Ordnance.
Section IV-Rigging and Ropes. Standing Rigging - Table of Wire Rope — Splices — Thimbles Sheaves — Turnbuckles — Running Rigging - Manila - Hemp -Coir — Blocks — Standard Blocks, U. S. N. – Cargo Blocks Tackles — Power gained by Blocks — Whip - Double WhipGuntackle Purchase — Burton — Double Spanish Burton - Luff Tackle - Rigging Derricks.
Section V.- Equipment. Anchors and Chains — Lloyd's Equipment- Lloyd's Table — Hawsers and Warps — Tables of Equipment — Weights — Mooring Swivel — Blake Stopper — Senhouse Slip - Admiralty Cables
-Chain Cable Links — Club Shackle — Chain Swivel Kenter Shackle - Boats — Notes on Construction - Diagram of Proportions - Lifeboats-Cutters— Dinghies — Gigs — Barges —Galleys
- Table of Scantlings for Rowboats Sail Area — Drawing of Standard Lifeboat in Detail — Lifting Rings and Slings — Board of Trade Requirements — Supervising Inspector's Requirements — Sea Anchors — Axes, Buckets, etc. — Light Screens — Tonnage — Various Tonnage Rules — Y. R. A. and N. Y. Y. C. Rules — Windlasses — Towing Machines, etc.
Section VI. — Miscellaneous.
Tables of Weights — Measures — Oil Fuel Data — Weights of Bolts and Nuts Tank Capacities — Unit Equivalents — Squares, Cubes, and Fourth Powers of Fractions — Powers and Roots — Speed Tables — Foreign Weights and Measures - Stowages of Merchandise — Cold Storage Temperatures Distances from Colon.
Section VII. — Tables.
Complete mathematical tables specially arranged.