« EdellinenJatka »
LIBRARY OF ANECDOTE
• I love Anecdotes. I fancy mankind may come, in time, to write all aphoristically, except in narrative; grow weary of preparation, and connexion, and illustration, and all those arts by which a big book is made. If a man. is to wait till he weaves anecdotes into a system, we may be long in getting them, and get but few, in comparison of what we might get.'
DR. JOHNSON. (Boswell's Tour.)
CHARLES BUCKE, Esq.
• It was a very remarkable circumstance about Johnson, whom shallow ob-
o 226-45 MB
24. Who in Success wear new Faces
25. On comparing Conditions
26. Who waste great Powers on subordinate Subjects 34
27. Who are true to the Word, but false to the Spirit 35