Exploring Polar Frontiers: A Historical Encyclopedia
ABC-CLIO, 2003 - 797 sivua
Covers the entire history of Arctic and Antarctic exploration, from the voyage of Pytheas ca. 325 B.C. to the present, in one convenient, comprehensive reference resource.
* 511 A-Z biographical, geographical, and subject entries on polar exploration such as dogs, man-hauling, Elephant Island, South Georgia, and major explorers such as Sir John Franklin, Fridtjof Nansen, and Richard Byrd
* Extensive collection of photographs, many taken by expedition participants
* Vivid illustrations, including woodcuts and drawings
* 20 maps detailing Arctic and Antarctic regions
* Chronology of expeditions beginning with the voyage of Pytheas in 325 B.C. through the present
Tulokset 1 - 3 kokonaismäärästä 87
Captain Hall and the so-called survivors of the Franklin expedition. Polar Record
... The charts and coastal views of Captain Cook's voyages. Vol.2: ... Narrative of
the North Polar expedition, U.S. ship Polaris, Captain Francis Hall commanding.
A narrative of the voyages and travels of Captain Beechey... to the Pacific and
Behrings Strait, performed in the years 1825, 26, 27 and 28. London: W. Wright.
Hultgreen, T. 2002. When did the Pomors come to Svalbard? Acta Borealia, 19(2)
The paranormal Arctic: Lady Franklin, Sophia Cracroft, and Captain and “Little
Weesy” Coppin. Polar Record, 37(200), 27–34. Long, J.A. 2001. Mountains of
madness: a scientists odyssey in Antarctica. Washington, DC: Joseph Henry
Mitä ihmiset sanovat - Kirjoita arvostelu
MacMillan Donald 18741970
Fiala Anthony 18691950 222
Malygin Stepan d 1764
64 muita osia ei näytetty