Exploring Polar Frontiers: A Historical Encyclopedia
ABC-CLIO, 2003 - 797 sivua
Covers the entire history of Arctic and Antarctic exploration, from the voyage of Pytheas ca. 325 B.C. to the present, in one convenient, comprehensive reference resource.
* 511 A-Z biographical, geographical, and subject entries on polar exploration such as dogs, man-hauling, Elephant Island, South Georgia, and major explorers such as Sir John Franklin, Fridtjof Nansen, and Richard Byrd
* Extensive collection of photographs, many taken by expedition participants
* Vivid illustrations, including woodcuts and drawings
* 20 maps detailing Arctic and Antarctic regions
* Chronology of expeditions beginning with the voyage of Pytheas in 325 B.C. through the present
Tulokset 1 - 3 kokonaismäärästä 79
The island was discovered on 20 January 1821 by the Russian naval officer
Fabian von Bellingshausen, though dense pack ice meant that he never came
closer to it than 16 miles. The island was not seen again until Jean-Baptiste
In January 1939, air photographic flights were made by Alfred Ritscher's German
Antarctic expedition. Darts with inscribed swastikas were dropped every 16 miles
and the area surveyed claimed for Germany as “Neu Schwabenland.” Based ...
Beaufort Island and Mount Erebus, discovered 28 January 1841 (Ross, J.C. 1847
. A voyage of discovery and research in the southern and Antarctic The Victory's
crew saved by the Isabella (Ross, J. 1835. regions. London: John Murray, vol.
Mitä ihmiset sanovat - Kirjoita arvostelu
MacMillan Donald 18741970
Fiala Anthony 18691950 222
Malygin Stepan d 1764
64 muita osia ei näytetty