Exploring Polar Frontiers: A Historical Encyclopedia
ABC-CLIO, 2003 - 797 sivua
Covers the entire history of Arctic and Antarctic exploration, from the voyage of Pytheas ca. 325 B.C. to the present, in one convenient, comprehensive reference resource.
* 511 A-Z biographical, geographical, and subject entries on polar exploration such as dogs, man-hauling, Elephant Island, South Georgia, and major explorers such as Sir John Franklin, Fridtjof Nansen, and Richard Byrd
* Extensive collection of photographs, many taken by expedition participants
* Vivid illustrations, including woodcuts and drawings
* 20 maps detailing Arctic and Antarctic regions
* Chronology of expeditions beginning with the voyage of Pytheas in 325 B.C. through the present
Tulokset 1 - 3 kokonaismäärästä 87
By 10 July, Phipps had come to the view that the pack formed “one compact
impenetrable body” (Phipps 1775,43). He now decided to try farther east, but
before doing so he spent several days in preparations and making scientific ...
On 5 July, Aeolus anchored off Depot Island in Murchison Bay, North East Land.
On 10 July, after conducting the first survey of this little-known fiord and proving
that it was not connected with Wahlenberg Bay farther south, Torell and ...
Eventually, Cape Crozier was reached on 15 July. There, they built a stone igloo
roofed by a canvas sheet on a knoll 240 meters above the penguin colony, some
4 miles away. Reaching the colony in the darkness across a zone of pressure ...
Mitä ihmiset sanovat - Kirjoita arvostelu
MacMillan Donald 18741970
Fiala Anthony 18691950 222
Malygin Stepan d 1764
64 muita osia ei näytetty