Exploring Polar Frontiers: A Historical Encyclopedia
ABC-CLIO, 2003 - 797 sivua
Covers the entire history of Arctic and Antarctic exploration, from the voyage of Pytheas ca. 325 B.C. to the present, in one convenient, comprehensive reference resource.
* 511 A-Z biographical, geographical, and subject entries on polar exploration such as dogs, man-hauling, Elephant Island, South Georgia, and major explorers such as Sir John Franklin, Fridtjof Nansen, and Richard Byrd
* Extensive collection of photographs, many taken by expedition participants
* Vivid illustrations, including woodcuts and drawings
* 20 maps detailing Arctic and Antarctic regions
* Chronology of expeditions beginning with the voyage of Pytheas in 325 B.C. through the present
Tulokset 1 - 3 kokonaismäärästä 89
Table 16 Northeast Passage:Western European Voyages, 1553–1676 Date
Explorer Route Chief sponsor 1553–1554 Willoughby Barents Sea to Novaya
Zemlya London merchants 1553–1554 Chancellor Barents and White Seas
Table 17 Northeast Passage:Successful and Attempted Transits, 1870–1936
Johnson, H. 1907. The life and voyages of Joseph Wiggins, ER.G.S., modern
discoverer of the Kara Sea route to Siberia based on his journals and letters.
There was certainly no hope of a Northeast Passage. ... A chronological history of
voyages into the Arctic regions; undertaken chiefly for the purpose of discovering
a North-east, Northwest, or polar passage between the Atlantic and the Pacific.
Mitä ihmiset sanovat - Kirjoita arvostelu
MacMillan Donald 18741970
Fiala Anthony 18691950 222
Malygin Stepan d 1764
64 muita osia ei näytetty