Exploring Polar Frontiers: A Historical Encyclopedia
ABC-CLIO, 2003 - 797 sivua
Covers the entire history of Arctic and Antarctic exploration, from the voyage of Pytheas ca. 325 B.C. to the present, in one convenient, comprehensive reference resource.
* 511 A-Z biographical, geographical, and subject entries on polar exploration such as dogs, man-hauling, Elephant Island, South Georgia, and major explorers such as Sir John Franklin, Fridtjof Nansen, and Richard Byrd
* Extensive collection of photographs, many taken by expedition participants
* Vivid illustrations, including woodcuts and drawings
* 20 maps detailing Arctic and Antarctic regions
* Chronology of expeditions beginning with the voyage of Pytheas in 325 B.C. through the present
Tulokset 1 - 3 kokonaismäärästä 86
A personal narrative of the discovery of the North-west passage. ... London: Hurst
and ... It was first reached by Edward Parry in September 1819, during his attempt
to sail through the Northwest Passage to Point Barrow. Parry made another ...
Table 19 Northwest Passage, Eighteenth-century Expeditions Date Explorer(s)
Route Chief Sponsor(s) 1719–1721 James Knight Hudson Bay Hudson's Bay
Company 1741–1742 Middleton Hudson Bay British Admiralty 1746–1747
Table 21 Northwest Passage Firsts Date Explorer(s)/Vessel(s) Achievement 1845
–1848 Franklin First discovery of a Northwest Passage 1850–1854 McClure First
crossing of the Passage 1903–1906 Amundsen First transit by ship 1940–1942 ...
Mitä ihmiset sanovat - Kirjoita arvostelu
MacMillan Donald 18741970
Fiala Anthony 18691950 222
Malygin Stepan d 1764
64 muita osia ei näytetty