Exploring Polar Frontiers: A Historical Encyclopedia
ABC-CLIO, 2003 - 797 sivua
Covers the entire history of Arctic and Antarctic exploration, from the voyage of Pytheas ca. 325 B.C. to the present, in one convenient, comprehensive reference resource.
* 511 A-Z biographical, geographical, and subject entries on polar exploration such as dogs, man-hauling, Elephant Island, South Georgia, and major explorers such as Sir John Franklin, Fridtjof Nansen, and Richard Byrd
* Extensive collection of photographs, many taken by expedition participants
* Vivid illustrations, including woodcuts and drawings
* 20 maps detailing Arctic and Antarctic regions
* Chronology of expeditions beginning with the voyage of Pytheas in 325 B.C. through the present
Tulokset 1 - 3 kokonaismäärästä 94
Three years later, Sir James Clark Ross sledged along the eastern shore as far
as 72°38'N.Observing ice extending right across the sound, Ross drew the
unfortunate conclusion that it was never sufficiently open to be navigable. This
At first, no whales were seen, but the local Inuit asserted that they would arrive
with the fall, as indeed they did in early September, when large numbers
migrated into the sound. Unfortunately for Bon Accord's owner, Penny failed to
take a ...
It is separated from Somerset Island to its east by Peel Sound and Franklin Strait,
and from Victoria Island to its southwest by McClintock Strait. Predominantly low-
lying, it is 190 miles long and 40–130 miles wide, with an area of 12,872 square ...
Mitä ihmiset sanovat - Kirjoita arvostelu
MacMillan Donald 18741970
Fiala Anthony 18691950 222
Malygin Stepan d 1764
64 muita osia ei näytetty