Exploring Polar Frontiers: A Historical Encyclopedia
ABC-CLIO, 2003 - 797 sivua
Covers the entire history of Arctic and Antarctic exploration, from the voyage of Pytheas ca. 325 B.C. to the present, in one convenient, comprehensive reference resource.
* 511 A-Z biographical, geographical, and subject entries on polar exploration such as dogs, man-hauling, Elephant Island, South Georgia, and major explorers such as Sir John Franklin, Fridtjof Nansen, and Richard Byrd
* Extensive collection of photographs, many taken by expedition participants
* Vivid illustrations, including woodcuts and drawings
* 20 maps detailing Arctic and Antarctic regions
* Chronology of expeditions beginning with the voyage of Pytheas in 325 B.C. through the present
Tulokset 1 - 3 kokonaismäärästä 55
Arriving there on 1 January 1940, they heard for the first time about the outbreak
of war between the British Empire and ... until late December before continuing
the journey by sledge to Churchill, where they finally arrived on 19 January 1941.
They did not arrive back at Danish Island until 15 September, finding the rest of
the expedition assembled (except for Mathiassen and Olsen, ... Reaching the
Gulf of Boothia across Rae Isthmus, they arrived at King William Island on 13
Stenersen and Rotvold arrived back at the ship at 2:00 P.M. on Christmas Day.
As soon ... and was making preparations to sledge across to Sorge Bay, when he
learned by radio of the arrival of four of the Norwegians at Advent Bay on 5 April.
Mitä ihmiset sanovat - Kirjoita arvostelu
MacMillan Donald 18741970
Fiala Anthony 18691950 222
Malygin Stepan d 1764
64 muita osia ei näytetty