Exploring Polar Frontiers: A Historical Encyclopedia
ABC-CLIO, 2003 - 797 sivua
Covers the entire history of Arctic and Antarctic exploration, from the voyage of Pytheas ca. 325 B.C. to the present, in one convenient, comprehensive reference resource.
* 511 A-Z biographical, geographical, and subject entries on polar exploration such as dogs, man-hauling, Elephant Island, South Georgia, and major explorers such as Sir John Franklin, Fridtjof Nansen, and Richard Byrd
* Extensive collection of photographs, many taken by expedition participants
* Vivid illustrations, including woodcuts and drawings
* 20 maps detailing Arctic and Antarctic regions
* Chronology of expeditions beginning with the voyage of Pytheas in 325 B.C. through the present
Tulokset 1 - 3 kokonaismäärästä 81
Marguerite Bay 405 British base on Stonington Island, Marguerite Bay (British
Antarctic Survey) Barry Island that year. This station was partly burned down on 2
February 1959 and then closed on 28 February 1960. While open, its members ...
year, when Base E could not be relieved and a party soon to be known in the
British press as “the lost eleven”had to man the station through another winter,
until they too could be flown out. As a result of these difficulties, Base E was
Instead of German occupation, they found a flag and other symbols denoting
claims to Argentine sovereignty left by Primero de Mayo in February 1943.
Deception was to be the site of Base B. Dr.W.R. Flett was now left behind as base
Mitä ihmiset sanovat - Kirjoita arvostelu
MacMillan Donald 18741970
Fiala Anthony 18691950 222
Malygin Stepan d 1764
64 muita osia ei näytetty