Exploring Polar Frontiers: A Historical Encyclopedia
ABC-CLIO, 2003 - 797 sivua
Covers the entire history of Arctic and Antarctic exploration, from the voyage of Pytheas ca. 325 B.C. to the present, in one convenient, comprehensive reference resource.
* 511 A-Z biographical, geographical, and subject entries on polar exploration such as dogs, man-hauling, Elephant Island, South Georgia, and major explorers such as Sir John Franklin, Fridtjof Nansen, and Richard Byrd
* Extensive collection of photographs, many taken by expedition participants
* Vivid illustrations, including woodcuts and drawings
* 20 maps detailing Arctic and Antarctic regions
* Chronology of expeditions beginning with the voyage of Pytheas in 325 B.C. through the present
Tulokset 1 - 3 kokonaismäärästä 80
First across Antarctica Alone, 1996–1997 Ousland's next aim was to complete the
first unsupported solo crossing of Antarctica. Setting out from Berkner Island on
the Weddell Sea coast, he was forced to give up on 3 January 1996 shortly after ...
Although Peary had reached less far than two Saami on Adolf Erik
Nordenskiöld's expedition of 1883, his was the second-deepest penetration; on
the basis of what he had learned, he was now confident of completing a crossing
during his ...
Not only was this the first crossing of the ice sheet by its longest route; it was also
the first solo crossing. Uemura was a man who conceived his projects on the
largest possible scale. His early death meant that he was unable to dogsled
Mitä ihmiset sanovat - Kirjoita arvostelu
MacMillan Donald 18741970
Fiala Anthony 18691950 222
Malygin Stepan d 1764
64 muita osia ei näytetty