Exploring Polar Frontiers: A Historical Encyclopedia
ABC-CLIO, 2003 - 797 sivua
Covers the entire history of Arctic and Antarctic exploration, from the voyage of Pytheas ca. 325 B.C. to the present, in one convenient, comprehensive reference resource.
* 511 A-Z biographical, geographical, and subject entries on polar exploration such as dogs, man-hauling, Elephant Island, South Georgia, and major explorers such as Sir John Franklin, Fridtjof Nansen, and Richard Byrd
* Extensive collection of photographs, many taken by expedition participants
* Vivid illustrations, including woodcuts and drawings
* 20 maps detailing Arctic and Antarctic regions
* Chronology of expeditions beginning with the voyage of Pytheas in 325 B.C. through the present
Tulokset 1 - 3 kokonaismäärästä 80
First across Antarctica Alone, 1996–1997 Ousland's next aim was to complete the
first unsupported solo crossing of Antarctica. Setting out from Berkner Island on
the Weddell Sea coast, he was forced to give up on 3 January 1996 shortly after ...
Attempted Crossing of the Arctic Ocean, 1995 ITAE had proved a highly effective
means for focusing public attention on Antarctica, providing teachers in particular
with a story around which lessons could be designed to communicate the ...
This was but one part of a more ambitious project, Uemura's aim being to travel
back across the ice to Greenland and then complete the first north-south crossing
of the Greenland ice sheet. The early breakup of the ice meant that he had to be ...
Mitä ihmiset sanovat - Kirjoita arvostelu
MacMillan Donald 18741970
Fiala Anthony 18691950 222
Malygin Stepan d 1764
64 muita osia ei näytetty