Exploring Polar Frontiers: A Historical Encyclopedia
ABC-CLIO, 2003 - 797 sivua
Covers the entire history of Arctic and Antarctic exploration, from the voyage of Pytheas ca. 325 B.C. to the present, in one convenient, comprehensive reference resource.
* 511 A-Z biographical, geographical, and subject entries on polar exploration such as dogs, man-hauling, Elephant Island, South Georgia, and major explorers such as Sir John Franklin, Fridtjof Nansen, and Richard Byrd
* Extensive collection of photographs, many taken by expedition participants
* Vivid illustrations, including woodcuts and drawings
* 20 maps detailing Arctic and Antarctic regions
* Chronology of expeditions beginning with the voyage of Pytheas in 325 B.C. through the present
Tulokset 1 - 3 kokonaismäärästä 88
For these, the Russians enlisted the help of the local people and therefore
generally adopted their means of transport: reindeer in Taymyr and dogs in
Chukotka. The British also began by experimenting with dogs and reindeer.
When Edward ...
... Dogs Seven Islands 1897 Andrée Balloon Spitsbergen 1898–1899 Wellman
Dogs Franz Josef Land 1899–1900 Abruzzi, Luigi Duke of Dogs Franz Josef
Land 1900 Peary Dogs North Greenland 1901–1902 Baldwin Dogs and ponies
Dogs could be fed seals and, in Antarctica, penguins. ... Throughout much of the
north, it was easier to obtain good ponies than good dogs. Dog handlers were
generally scarce, whereas no special training was required to lead ponies.
Mitä ihmiset sanovat - Kirjoita arvostelu
MacMillan Donald 18741970
Fiala Anthony 18691950 222
Malygin Stepan d 1764
64 muita osia ei näytetty