Exploring Polar Frontiers: A Historical Encyclopedia
ABC-CLIO, 2003 - 797 sivua
Covers the entire history of Arctic and Antarctic exploration, from the voyage of Pytheas ca. 325 B.C. to the present, in one convenient, comprehensive reference resource.
* 511 A-Z biographical, geographical, and subject entries on polar exploration such as dogs, man-hauling, Elephant Island, South Georgia, and major explorers such as Sir John Franklin, Fridtjof Nansen, and Richard Byrd
* Extensive collection of photographs, many taken by expedition participants
* Vivid illustrations, including woodcuts and drawings
* 20 maps detailing Arctic and Antarctic regions
* Chronology of expeditions beginning with the voyage of Pytheas in 325 B.C. through the present
Tulokset 1 - 3 kokonaismäärästä 91
Pakhtusov, Petr (1800–1835) Ice conditions off the east coast of the Russian
Arctic archipelago of Novaya Zemlya—“New Land”—meant that it was almost
inaccessible to sailing vessels. Not until the 1830s were substantial sections of it
When Amsterdam Island was reached on 22 May, the two vessels were delayed
until 1 June before they could head east along Spitsbergen's north coast to reach
Sorge Bay six days later. It was from there in 1827 that Edward Parry had set ...
Matyushkin explored the Great and Small Anyuy Rivers, two eastern tributaries of
the Kolyma. To assist operations farther east, a second station was constructed
on the Baranika River. Through late fall and winter, plans were made for a ...
Mitä ihmiset sanovat - Kirjoita arvostelu
MacMillan Donald 18741970
Fiala Anthony 18691950 222
Malygin Stepan d 1764
64 muita osia ei näytetty