Exploring Polar Frontiers: A Historical Encyclopedia
ABC-CLIO, 2003 - 797 sivua
Covers the entire history of Arctic and Antarctic exploration, from the voyage of Pytheas ca. 325 B.C. to the present, in one convenient, comprehensive reference resource.
* 511 A-Z biographical, geographical, and subject entries on polar exploration such as dogs, man-hauling, Elephant Island, South Georgia, and major explorers such as Sir John Franklin, Fridtjof Nansen, and Richard Byrd
* Extensive collection of photographs, many taken by expedition participants
* Vivid illustrations, including woodcuts and drawings
* 20 maps detailing Arctic and Antarctic regions
* Chronology of expeditions beginning with the voyage of Pytheas in 325 B.C. through the present
Tulokset 1 - 3 kokonaismäärästä 82
A relief station for shipwrecked sailors was also established here, consisting of a
house, bathhouse, lookout post, and lifeboat. Sovereignty remained an issue well
into the Soviet era, and Norwegian and other expeditions continued to visit ...
The same day, Beardmore Base was established by two Skytrains. Three days
later, a Grasshopper ... Meanwhile, arrangements for establishing Byrd Station
were coordinated by Commander Paul Frazier. Crevasses were systematically ...
This was the first Soviet Antarctic station to be established and served until 1972
as the headquarters for that country's ... which tractor parties set out to establish
first operational support stations and then, in the most inaccessible parts of the ...
Mitä ihmiset sanovat - Kirjoita arvostelu
MacMillan Donald 18741970
Fiala Anthony 18691950 222
Malygin Stepan d 1764
64 muita osia ei näytetty