Exploring Polar Frontiers: A Historical Encyclopedia
ABC-CLIO, 2003 - 797 sivua
Covers the entire history of Arctic and Antarctic exploration, from the voyage of Pytheas ca. 325 B.C. to the present, in one convenient, comprehensive reference resource.
* 511 A-Z biographical, geographical, and subject entries on polar exploration such as dogs, man-hauling, Elephant Island, South Georgia, and major explorers such as Sir John Franklin, Fridtjof Nansen, and Richard Byrd
* Extensive collection of photographs, many taken by expedition participants
* Vivid illustrations, including woodcuts and drawings
* 20 maps detailing Arctic and Antarctic regions
* Chronology of expeditions beginning with the voyage of Pytheas in 325 B.C. through the present
Tulokset 1 - 3 kokonaismäärästä 85
It was also awarded to ninety-four American citizens, mainly from the U.S. Navy,
who took part in two expeditions in ... It was also awarded to members of the
expedition organized by U.S. naval surgeon Elisha Kent Kane, who, having taken
Stockholm; F & G. Beijers Förlag. Nordenskiöld, N.A.E., and F.W. von Otter. 1869.
Account of the Swedish North-Polar expedition of 1868 under the command of
A.E. Nordenskiöld and Fr. W.Von Otter. Royal Geographical Society. Journal, 39
Wilkes, Charles 705 Wilkes, Charles (1798–1877) The 1838–1842 United States
Exploring Expedition to the Pacific ... to have discovered 1,500 miles of coast,
which other expeditions were subsequently to sail through without sightingland.
Mitä ihmiset sanovat - Kirjoita arvostelu
MacMillan Donald 18741970
Fiala Anthony 18691950 222
Malygin Stepan d 1764
64 muita osia ei näytetty