Exploring Polar Frontiers: A Historical Encyclopedia
ABC-CLIO, 2003 - 797 sivua
Covers the entire history of Arctic and Antarctic exploration, from the voyage of Pytheas ca. 325 B.C. to the present, in one convenient, comprehensive reference resource.
* 511 A-Z biographical, geographical, and subject entries on polar exploration such as dogs, man-hauling, Elephant Island, South Georgia, and major explorers such as Sir John Franklin, Fridtjof Nansen, and Richard Byrd
* Extensive collection of photographs, many taken by expedition participants
* Vivid illustrations, including woodcuts and drawings
* 20 maps detailing Arctic and Antarctic regions
* Chronology of expeditions beginning with the voyage of Pytheas in 325 B.C. through the present
Tulokset 1 - 3 kokonaismäärästä 86
Alert was finally established in April 1950 near Cape Sheridan, after the
icebreakers proved incapable of repeating their voyage the following year. In
1962, the submarine USS Skate pioneered a new route to the Arctic Ocean
through Nares ...
The boat and material might prove useful if Fram could not be freed this summer
and they had to reach Greenland some other way. ... Such proved to be the case,
and the ice broke up early, allowing Fram to leave Goose Fiord on 6 August.
Asia and North America Finally Proved Separate Continents, 1820–1824 Reports
of a great peninsula extending from America into the Arctic Ocean and lying to
the north of Siberia had inspired the privately sponsored expedition of Mathias ...
Mitä ihmiset sanovat - Kirjoita arvostelu
MacMillan Donald 18741970
Fiala Anthony 18691950 222
Malygin Stepan d 1764
64 muita osia ei näytetty