Exploring Polar Frontiers: A Historical Encyclopedia
ABC-CLIO, 2003 - 797 sivua
Covers the entire history of Arctic and Antarctic exploration, from the voyage of Pytheas ca. 325 B.C. to the present, in one convenient, comprehensive reference resource.
* 511 A-Z biographical, geographical, and subject entries on polar exploration such as dogs, man-hauling, Elephant Island, South Georgia, and major explorers such as Sir John Franklin, Fridtjof Nansen, and Richard Byrd
* Extensive collection of photographs, many taken by expedition participants
* Vivid illustrations, including woodcuts and drawings
* 20 maps detailing Arctic and Antarctic regions
* Chronology of expeditions beginning with the voyage of Pytheas in 325 B.C. through the present
Tulokset 1 - 3 kokonaismäärästä 87
Sailing directly into a headwind, he could make very little progress despite the
relative absence of ice. Moore therefore determined to sail slightly farther north,
where he might find westerly winds, though without abandoning his intention to ...
He sailed through Matochkin Strait to reach the Russian mainland near the
Pechora, where a severe storm forced him to ... Sailing in Krotov, Pakhtusov was
now to be accompanied by August Karlovich Tsivol'ka in Kazakov, the two
Arthur Pet had sailed with Richard Chancellor in 1553–1554 as a mariner and
had captained ships for the company since 1560. Having ... Pet and Jackman
were to sail along the coast beyond the River Ob until they reached Cathay.
Mitä ihmiset sanovat - Kirjoita arvostelu
MacMillan Donald 18741970
Fiala Anthony 18691950 222
Malygin Stepan d 1764
64 muita osia ei näytetty