Exploring Polar Frontiers: A Historical Encyclopedia
ABC-CLIO, 2003 - 797 sivua
Covers the entire history of Arctic and Antarctic exploration, from the voyage of Pytheas ca. 325 B.C. to the present, in one convenient, comprehensive reference resource.
* 511 A-Z biographical, geographical, and subject entries on polar exploration such as dogs, man-hauling, Elephant Island, South Georgia, and major explorers such as Sir John Franklin, Fridtjof Nansen, and Richard Byrd
* Extensive collection of photographs, many taken by expedition participants
* Vivid illustrations, including woodcuts and drawings
* 20 maps detailing Arctic and Antarctic regions
* Chronology of expeditions beginning with the voyage of Pytheas in 325 B.C. through the present
Tulokset 1 - 3 kokonaismäärästä 89
In the middle of the War of the Austrian Succession (1740–1748), the British
Admiralty had no vessels to make available to Dobbs, who instead persuaded
Parliament to appoint a committee in 1745 to look into the prospects of finding the
Nearby, fifty-eight Norwegian sealers were also wintering after their vessels had
also been caught in the ice.On 8 December, the first case of scurvy was reported
aboard Gladan, and fourteen days later the first death occurred. Nordenskiöld ...
Vessels equipped with specially strengthened hulls and other features enabling
them to cut paths through pack ice too thick for unmodified ships to penetrate.
International Polar Year (IPY). To date, there have been two such International ...
Mitä ihmiset sanovat - Kirjoita arvostelu
MacMillan Donald 18741970
Fiala Anthony 18691950 222
Malygin Stepan d 1764
64 muita osia ei näytetty