Exploring Polar Frontiers: A Historical Encyclopedia
ABC-CLIO, 2003 - 797 sivua
Covers the entire history of Arctic and Antarctic exploration, from the voyage of Pytheas ca. 325 B.C. to the present, in one convenient, comprehensive reference resource.
* 511 A-Z biographical, geographical, and subject entries on polar exploration such as dogs, man-hauling, Elephant Island, South Georgia, and major explorers such as Sir John Franklin, Fridtjof Nansen, and Richard Byrd
* Extensive collection of photographs, many taken by expedition participants
* Vivid illustrations, including woodcuts and drawings
* 20 maps detailing Arctic and Antarctic regions
* Chronology of expeditions beginning with the voyage of Pytheas in 325 B.C. through the present
Tulokset 1 - 3 kokonaismäärästä 64
He visited Novaya Zemlya again four years later. Not long afterward, Cornelis
Roule also visited this island, from where he sailed northwest to discover land at
84–85°N. Although this is north of its actual position, this was quite possibly the
Despite their relatively southern location, they had been visited by few
Europeans and by no ethnographers. The Southern Party remained with the
Caribou Inuit until late June: Rasmussen copying down folktales, Birket-Smith
continuing his ...
American sealing vessels are known to have visited the islands in the later years
of the nineteenth century, and it is probable ... Other brief visits have been made
by a number of exploratory expeditions, some of them marking time before ice ...
Mitä ihmiset sanovat - Kirjoita arvostelu
MacMillan Donald 18741970
Fiala Anthony 18691950 222
Malygin Stepan d 1764
64 muita osia ei näytetty