« EdellinenJatka »
i Lord, I have loved the habitation of thy house, and the place where thine honour dwelleth. And I was glad when they said unto me, Let us go into the house of the Lord.
? How amiable are thy tabernacles, O Lord of Hosts! a day in thy courts is better than a thousand.
* Where two or three are gathered together (saith Christ) in my name, there am I in the midst of them.
Concerning the Duty of Men toward one another.
* Be kindly affectioned one to another with brotherly love. Love as brethren. For this is the message that ye heard from the beginning, that we should love one another.
* Ye yourselves are taught of God to love one another. And this commandment have we from him, That he who loveth God, love his brother also.
• If a man say, I love God, and hateth his brother, he is a liar: For he that loveth not his brother, whom he hath seen, how can he love God, whom he hath not seen?
? If God so loved us, that he sent his Son to be the propitiation for our sins, we ought also to love one another.
8 This is my commandment (saith our Saviour)
* Psal. xxvi. 8. Psal. cxxii, 1. 2 Psal. lxxxiv. 1. 10.
3 Matt. xviii. 20.
4 Rom. xii. 10. 1 Pet. iii. 8. 1 John iii. 11. 51 Thess. iv. 9. 1 John iv. 21.
61 John iv, 20.
that ye love one another, as I have loved you. And by this shall all men know that ye are my disciples, if ye
have love one to another.
? Owe no man any thing, but to love one another; for he that loveth another, hath fulfilled the law. For this, thou shalt not commit adultery; thou shalt not kill; thou shalt not steal; thou shalt not bear false witness; thou shalt not covet; and if there be any other commandment, it is briefly comprehended in this saying; namely, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.
? Love worketh no ill to his neighbour; therefore love is the fulfilling of the law. The end of the commandment is charity; out of a pure heart, and of a good conscience, and of faith unfeigned.
Let our love be without dissimulation. * Let us not love in word, neither in tongue, but in deed and in truth. See that
love one another with a pure heart fervently; and with love unfeigned.
. Above all things have fervent charity among yourselves : for charity shall cover the multitude of sins. 'Let brotherly love continue.
The Lord make you to increase and abound in love one towards another, and towards all men.
A man that hath friends must show himself friendly: For there is a friend that sticketh closer than a brother.
Thine own friend and thy father's friend forsake not.
11 The stranger that dwelleth with you, shall be
1 Rom. xiii. 8, 9. 2 Rom. xiii. 10. 1 Tim. 1. 5.
3 Rom. xii. 9. 41 John ïïi. 18.
5 1 Pet. i. 22. 2 Cor. vi. 6. 6 1 Pet. iv. 8. 7 Heb. xiii. 1.
8 1 Thess. ii. 12. 9 Prov. xviii. 24. 10 Prov. xxvii. 10.
11 Lev. xix. 34. 1 Matt. v. 33. 43, 44. 46, 47. 46. Luke vi. 32. 2 Lev. xix. 18. James v.9. 31 John jii. 15.
unto you as one born amongst you, and thou shalt love him as thyself.
1 Ye have heard that it hath been said by them of old time, Thou shalt love thy neighbour, and hate thine enemy; But Christ saith unto you, love your enemies. For if you love them which love you, what reward have ye? What do you more than others ? Do not even the publicans the same? For sinners also love those that love them.
2 Thou shalt not bear any grudge against the children of thy people. Grudge not one against another, brethren, lest ye be condemned; behold the Judge standeth before the door.
Whosoever hateth his brother is a murderer. * They are foolish and disobedient, who live in malice and envy, hateful and hating one another.
HONOUR AND RESPECT.
• Be kindly affectioned one to another; in honour preferring one another.
6 Look not every man on his own things; but every man also on the things of others.
? Let there be no strife among you, which of you should be accounted the greatest. Let nothing be done through strife or vain-glory, but in lowliness of mind let each esteem other better than themselves.
* Honour all men. If ye salute your brethren only, what do ye more than others? Do not even the publicans so?
Ye younger, submit yourselves unto the elder;
4 Titus iii. 3.
5 Rom. xii. 10. 6 Phil. ii. 4.
7 Luke xxii. 24. Phil. ii. 3. v. 3.
yea, all of you be subject one to another, and be clothed with humility.
* Rebuke not an elder, but intreat him as a father, and the younger men as brethren; the elder women as mothers, the younger as sisters.
* Thou shalt rise up before the hoary head, and honour the face of the old man.
Let not the child behave himself proudly against the ancient, nor the base against the honourable.
Honour widows that are widows indeed. • He that despiseth his neighbour, sinneth.
Let us not accept any man's person, neither let us give flattering titles unto man; having men's persons in admiration because of advantage.
'Let no man glory in men, nor be puffed up for one against another.
They that forsake the law, praise the wicked; but such as keep the law, contend with them: In whose eyes a vile person is contemned. But they honour them that fear the Lord.
PEACE AND UNION.
ye at peace among yourselves; and follow after the things which make for peace; showing all meekness unto all men.
Study to be quiet, and to do your own business; and if it be possible, as much as lieth in you, live peaceably with all men.
11 Tim. v. 1, 2.
2 Lev. xix. 32. 3 Isa. ii. 5. 4 1 Tim. 5 Prov. xiv. 21.
6 Job xxxii. 21. Jude 16. 7 1 Cor. iii. 21. I Cor. iv. 6.
8 Prov. xxviii. 4. Psal. xv. 4. 91 Thess. v. 13. Rom. xiv. 19. Titus iii. 2.
10 1 Thess. iv. 11. Rom. xii. 18.
Seek the peace of the city, and the welfare of the people whereunto ye belong ; for in the peace thereof ye shall have peace.
2 One is your master, even Christ, and all ye are brethren; therefore have peace one with another.
* Be ye all of one mind; endeavouring to keep the unity of the Spirit in the bond of peace. For there is one Lord, one Faith, one Baptism, one God and Father of all; and ye are one body in Christ, and every one members one of another. There is neither Jew nor Greek; there is neither bond nor free; there is neither male nor female ; for ye are all one in Christ Jesus.
* If there be therefore any consolation in Christ, if any comfort of love, if any fellowship of the Spirit, if any bowels and mercies, be ye like-minded, having the same love, being of one accord, of one mind, of one heart, and of one soul.
* I beseech you, brethren, by the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that ye all speak the same thing, and that there be no divisions among you; but that ye
be perfectly joined together in the same mind, and in the same judgment.
The God of patience and consolation grant you to be like-minded one towards another, according to Christ Jesus; that ye may with one mind and one month glorify God, even the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ.
Let us walk by the same rule, let us mind the same thing.
* Let us stand fast in one spirit, with one mind striving together for the faith of the Gospel.
? Jer. xxix. 7. Jer. xxxviii. 4. Jer. xxix. 7.
2 Matt. xxii. 8. Mark ix. 50.
31 Pet. iii. 8. Eph. iv. 3. 5, 6. Rom. xii. 5. Gal. iii. 28. 4 Phil. ii. 1, 2. Acts iv. 32.
51 Cor. i. 10.