« EdellinenJatka »
Thy word, O Lord, have I hid in my heart, that I might not sin against thee; I will meditate in thy precepts, and have respect unto thy ways, I will delight myself in thy statutes; I will not forget thy word. Thy testimonies also shall be my delight and my counsellors. Thy commandments shall be ever with me.
? Be mindful of the words which were spoken before by the holy prophets, and of the commandment of the apostles of the Lord and Saviour.
Remember the words of the Lord Jesus: and the words which were spoken of the apostles of our Lord Jesus Christ.
In the day of prosperity be joyful ; but in the day of adversity consider : God also hath set the one over against the other.
It is better to go to the house of mourning, than to go to the house of feasting; for that is the end of all men, and the living will lay it to his heart.
* O that men were wise, that they understood this, that they would consider their latter end, and not put far away the evil day !
* If a man live many years, and rejoice in them all; yet let him remember the days of darkness, for they shall be many. All that cometh is vanity. Watchful- 8 We are all the children of light, and the
children of the day. We are not of the night nor of darkness; therefore let us not sleep, as do others, but let us watch and be sober.
i Psal. cxix. 11, 15, 16. 24. 98.
2 2 Pet. iji. 2. XX. 35. Jude 17.
4 Eccles. vii. 14.
5 Eccles. vii. 2. « Deut. xxxii. 29. Amos vi. 3. 7. Eccles. xi. 8. 81 Thess.
v. 5, 6.
1 See that ye walk circumspectly, not as fools, but as wise; redeeming the time because the days are evil.
Be sober; be vigilant; becanse your adversary the devil, as a roaring lion, walketh about seeking whom he may devour.
3 Put on the whole armour of God; that ye may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil.
Take care lest by any means as the serpent beguiled Eve through his subtilty, so your minds should be corrupted from the simplicity that is in Christ.
* Be watchful, and strengthen the things which remain, that are ready to die.
Keep thy heart with all diligence; for out of it are the issues of life.
? Set a watch, O Lord, before my mouth; keep the door of my lips; for I am purposed that my mouth shall not transgress.
Take heed lest when you have heard the word, the cares of this world, and the deceitfulness of riches, and the lusts of other things entering in, choke the word, and it become unfruitful.
• Watch and pray that ye enter not into temptation ; for blessed are those servants whom the Lord when he cometh shall find watching. 10 I am a companion of all them that fear
Company. thee, O Lord, and of them that keep thy precepts.
! If sinners entice thee, consent thou not: walk
1 Eph. v. 15, 16.
2 1 Pet. v. 8. 3 Eph. vi. 11. 4 2 Cor. xi. 3. 5 Rev. iii. 2.
6 Prov. iv. 23. cxli. 3. Psal. xvii. 3.
8 Mark iv. 18, 19. 9 Matt. xxvi. 41. Luke xii. 37. 10 Psal. cxix. 63.
11 Prov. i. 10. 16. Prov. xxiv. 1. Prov. xxii. 25.
not thou in the way with them; refrain thy foot from their path; neither desire to be with them; lest thou learn their ways, and get a snare to thy soul.
* Enter not into the path of the wicked, and go not in the way of evil men; avoid it, pass not by it, turn from it, and pass away. For they sleep not, except they have done mischief.
My soul, come not thou into their secret; unto their assembly, mine honour, be not thou united. Come out from among them, and be ye separate, saith the Lord.
3 Take heed to thyself, that thou be not snared by following them who have spoken to thrust thee out of the way, which the Lord thy God commanded thee to walk in.
If thy brother, or thy son, or thy daughter, or the wife of thy bosom, or thy friend, which is as thine own soul, entice thee secretly to do evil; thou shalt not consent unto him, nor hearken unto him.
Beware of evil workers; and be not thou partaker with them. Shouldst thou help the ungodly, and love them that hate the Lord ?
Cease to hear the instruction that causeth to err from the words of knowledge.
Have no fellowship with the unfruitful works of darkness, but rather reprove them.
Thou shalt not follow a multitude to do evil.
Be not unequally yoked together with unbelievers. For what fellowship hath righteousness with unrighteousness? and what communion hath light with darkness ?
i Prov. iv. 14, 15, 16.
3 Deut. xii. 30. Deut. xiii. 5. iii. 2. Eph. v. 7. 2 Chron. xix. 2. v. 11.
& Exod. xxiii. 2.
2 Gen. xlix. 6. 2 Cor. vi. 17. 4 Deut. xiii. 6. 8.
5 Phil. 6 Prov. xix. 27.
Eph. 9 2 Cor. vi. 14.
· I wrote unto you (saith St. Paul) not to company with fornicators; yet not altogether with the fornicators of this world, or with the covetous, or extortioners, or with idolators; for then must ye needs go out of the world. But I have written unto you not to keep company, if any man that is called a brother be a fornicator, or covetous, or an idolator, or a railer, or a drunkard, or an extortioner; with such a one no not to eat.
2 Withdraw yourselves from every brother that walketh disorderly, and not after the tradition which he received of us.
3 He that followeth vain persons is void of understanding
4 Mark them which cause divisions and offences, contrary to the doctrine which ye have learned, and avoid them. For they that are such serve not our Lord Jesus Christ, but their own lusts; and by good words and fair speeches they deceive the hearts of the simple.
5 As there were false prophets among the people in old time, even so there shall be false teachers among you, who privily shall bring in damnable heresies, eren denying the Lord that bought them; and through covetousness shall they with feigned words make merchandize of you; men of corrupt minds, and destitute of the truth, supposing that gain is godliness: from such withdraw thyself.
This know also, that in the latter times some shall depart from the faith, giving heed to seducing spirits, and doctrines of devils; forbidding to marry, and commanding to abstain from meats which God hath created to be received; having a form of
1 1 Cor. v. 9, 10, 11.
2 2 Thess. ii. 6.
3 Prov. xii. 11. 4 Rom. xvi. 17, 18. 5 2 Pet. ii. 1. 3. 1 Tim. vi, 5. 2 Tim. iii. 5. 1 Tim. iv. 1. 3. 2 Tim. iij. 5.
godliness, by denying the power thereof: from such turn away.
· Many deceivers likewise are entered into the world, who confess not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh. This is a deceiver and an antichrist. Ye therefore, seeing ye know these things before, beware, lest ye also, being led away with the error of the wicked, fall from your own stedfastness.
? Consider the apostle and high priest of Examples.
our profession, Christ Jesus, who was faithful to him that appointed him: leaving us an example that ye should follow his steps.
* As ye know what manner of men the upostles were, so be ye followers of them and of the Lord; that ye may be ensamples to all them that believe. And those things which ye have both learned and received, and heard of them, do.
* Be followers of the Churches of God, which in Judea were in Christ Jesus.
5 Consider the parable of the Samaritan, who showed mercy on him that fell amongst the thieves, and go and do thou likewise. Mark the old
which wicked men have trodden ; which were cut down out of time, whose foundation was overflown with a flood. Be
ye not idolators, as were some of the Jewish fathers; neither let us commit fornication, as some of them committed; neither let us tempt Christ, as some of them also tempted; neither murmur ye, as some of them also murmured; for they were overthrown in the wilderness, and were destroyed of the destroyer. Now these things were
1 2 John 7. 2 Pet. iii. 17.
2 Heb. iii. 1, 2. 1 Pet. ii. 21. 3 1 Thess. i. 5, 6, 7. Phil, iv. 9.
4 1 Thess. ii. 14. 5 Luke x. 33. 37. 36, 37. 6 Job xxii. 15, 16.
7 1 Cor. x. 7. 1. 8, 9, 10. 5. 10. 6. 11.