« EdellinenJatka »
REWARDS TO THE RIGHTEOUS.
1 Godliness is profitable unto all things; having promise of the life that now is, and of that which is to
2 The Lord will render to every man his righteousness and his faithfulness. He will recompense his work; and a full reward shall be given him of the Lord.
3 The Lord will give grace and glory; and no good thing will he withhold from them that walk uprightly.
* All things work together for good to them that love God.
* Be ye strong therefore, for your work shall be rewarded. And be careful to maintain good works : for these things are good and profitable unto men.
Thou, O God, wilt keep him in perfect peace, whose mind is stayed on thee. Thou wilt bless him indeed, and keep him from evil, that it may not grieve him.
? The way of the Lord is strength to the upright. They shall dwell safely, and be quiet from fear of evil. They shall not be ashamed in the evil time.
• Great peace have they, O Lord, which love thy w; and nothing shall offend them.
The fear of the Lord tendeth to life; and he that ith it shall abide satisfied : he shall not be visited ith evil.
1 1 Tim. iy. 8. 2 Job xxxiii. 26. 1 Sam. xxvi. 23. Ruth ii. 12. 3 Psal. Ixxxiv. 11.
4 Rom. viii. 28.
5 2 Chron. xv. 7. Titus iii. 8. 6 Isa. xxvi. 3. 1 Chron. iv. 10. X. 29. Prov. i. 33. Psal. xxxviii. 18, 19.
8 Psal. cxix. 165. Prov. xix. 23.
And who is he that will harm you, if ye be followers of that which is good ?
Many are the afflictions of the righteous; but the Lord delivereth them out of them all.
3 The wicked watcheth the righteous, and seeketh to slay him; but the Lord will not leave him in his hand. God will hide him from the secret counsel of the wicked; and will deliver him from unreasonable and wicked men which have not faith.
* Remember, I pray thee, Who ever perished, being innocent? Or where were the righteous cut off?
• Whoso keepeth the commandment shall feel no evil thing
6 The Lord knoweth how to deliver the godly out of temptations. And God is faithful, who will not suffer them to be tempted above what they are able; but will with the temptation also make a way to escape, that they may be able to bear it.
Set your hearts unto all the words of this law, which is set before you. For it is not a vain thing for you, because it is your life; and through this thing ye shall prolong your days.
Keep therefore and do them; for this is your wisdom and your understanding. And happy is the man that findeth wisdom : for length of days is in her right had, and in her left hand riches and honour. Her ways are ways of pleasantness, and all her paths are peace.
. If thou shalt keep the commandments of the
1 1 Pet. iii. 13. 2 Psal. xxxiv. 19. 3 Psal. xxxvii. 32, 33. Psal. Ixiv. 2. 2 Thess. iii. 2.
4 Job iv. 7. 5 Eccles. viii. 5. 6 2 Pet. ii. 9. I Cor. x. 12.
7 Deut. xxxii. 46. Deut. iv. 44. Deut. xxxii. 47.
8 Deut. iv, 6. Prov. iii. 13, 14. 16, 17. 9 Deut. xxviii. 9. 12. Deut. xxx. 9,
Lord thy God, and walk in his ways; the Lord shall open unto thee his good treasure, and bless all the work of thine hand. The Lord will make thee plenteous in every work of thine hand for good. The Lord will rejoice over thee for good.
Blessed shalt thou be when thou comest in, and blessed shalt thou be when thou goest out. For the Lord shall guide thee on every side.
2 Thou shalt make thy prayer unto him, and he shall hear thee. Thou shalt also decree a thing, and it shall be established unto thee; and the light shall shine upon thy ways.
The blessing of the Lord it maketh rich; and he addeth no sorrow with it.
* The just man walketh in his integrity; his children are blessed after him. The generation of the upright shall be blessed.
• Let not mercy and truth forsake thee: bind them about thy neck, write them upon the table of thine heart. So shalt thou find favour and good understanding in the sight of God and man.
6 The fear of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom. A good understanding have all they that do his commandments; and unto the upright there ariseth light in the darkness.
? The righteous shall hold on his way, and be stronger and stronger. And they that love the Lord shall be as the sun, when he goeth forth in his might.
& Mark the perfect man, and behold the upright; for the end of that man is
1 Deut. xxviii. 6. 2 Chron. xxxii. 22.
2 Job xxii. 27, 28. 3 Prov. x. 22. 4 Prov. xx. 7. Psal. cxii. 2. 5 Prov. iii. 3, 4. 6 Psal. cxi. 10. Psal. cxii. 4.
7 Job xvii. 9. Judges v. 31. 8 Psal. xxxvii. 37.
1 The work of righteousness shall be peace, and the effect of righteousness, quietness, and assurance for ever.
The law of the Lord is perfect, converting the soul. The testimony of the Lord is sure, making wise the simple. The statutes of the Lord are right, rejoicing the heart. The commandment of the Lord is pure, enlightening the eyes. The judgments of the Lord are true and righteous altogether : more to be desired are they than gold, yea, than much fine gold; sweeter also than honey and the honeycomb : and in keeping of them there is great reward.
In the multitude of my thoughts within me, thy comforts, O Lord, delight my soul. For thou shalt guide me with thy counsel, and afterwards receive me to glory.
A good man shall be satisfied from himself. For his rejoicing is this: the testimony of his conscience, that in simplicity and godly sincerity he hath had his conversation in the world.
• He shall not much remember the days of his life ; because God answereth him in the joy of his heart.
* Ye shall pray unto God, and he will be favourable unto him, and he shall see his face with joy.
Happy is that people, whose God is the Lord, For the Lord taketh pleasure in his people; and they shall be satisfied with his goodness.
& They shall take delight in approaching to God:
1 Isa. xxxii. 17. 2 Ps. xix. 7, 8, 9, 10, 11. 3 Psal. xciv. 19. Psal. Ixxviii. 24.
4 Prov. xiv. 14. 2 Cor. i. 12. 5 Eccles. v. 20. 6 Job xxxiii. 26.
7 Psal. cxliv. 15. Psal. cxlix. 4. Jer. xxxi, 14.
8 Isa. lviii. 2. Isa. xxv. 9. Psal. 1 John xv. 14. John xii. 26.
and rejoice in his salvation. For his loving-kindness is better than life.
Ye are my friends, (saith Christ) if ye do whatsoever I command
And if any man serve me, him will my Father honour.
· Having peace with God, through our Lord Jesus Christ, we rejoice in hope of the glory of God.
* We know that if our earthly house of this tabernacle were dissolved, we have a building of God, a house not made with hands, eternal in the heavens. For which cause we faint not; but though our outward man perish, yet the inward man is renewed day by day. And though the world passeth away, and the lusts thereof, nevertheless we, according to the promise of God, look for new heavens and a new earth, wherein dwelleth righteousness.
* Henceforth there is laid up for those that have kept the faith, fought a good fight, and finished their course, a crown of righteousness, which the Lord, the righteous Judge, shall give unto them at his appearing. Wherefore comfort one another with these words.
* Blessed are the dead which die in the Lord : for they rest from their labours; and are taken away from the evil to come; and their works do follow them.
• And when the time of the dead is come, that they should be judged; thou, O Lord God Almighty, wilt give reward unto thy servants the prophets, and to the saints, and them that fear thy name, small and great.
2 Rom. v. 1, 2.
3 2 Cor. v. 1. 2 Cor. iv. 16. 1 John ii. 17. 2 Pet. iii. 13.
4 2 Tim. iv. 8. 7, 8. 1 Thess. iv. 18.
5 Rev. xiv. 13. Isa. lvii. 1. Rev. xiv. 13.
6 Rev. xi. 18. 17, 18.